One Chance One Bullet

3 months later

Jarren~It was done we built a wall surrounding the house out of wood and scrap metal. Got electricity flowing in the house, Our own crops we were getting a good little area here. We also found two new people in this group. Skylar Fast (who I secretly like don't tell) and Rachel McMan Skylar has blond, hair blue eyes she is funny and crazy, smart too also athletic, I could go on and on. But we gotta go to Rachel she has black hair brown eyes she is Indian. and shy only talks to skylar and me for some reason. Anyway we are in a bit of a pickle. Rachel saw her parents a lost one it's only me and her we are searching for food. And Rachel is pointing a gun to her head she said she can't take it. "put the gun down Rachel, Don't do this." I yelled but but but she pulled the trigger.... "NOOOO!"

I walked back to camp carrying her corpse in my arms people call it bridal style. But there's nothing romantic about this. I was crying I opened the door and said "guys you might wanna come here.." I explained everything. and I buried her next to Jaden and Brendon. I saw a girl shoot herself I couldn't think straight all I thought was. "Jarren you got your friend killed you should have stopped her by taking the gun."

"Jarren it's okay, it's not your fault." Jay said I yelled back "OKAY NOTHING IS OKAY I SAW A GIRL SHOOT HERSELF, THATS OKAY. I COULD'VE STOPPED HER ITS MY FAULT." "no it's not she would've done it when nobody was there to stop her."

I lay on my bed thinking. When Skylar walked in and sat down on my bed putting her hand in my shoulder. I felt a kind of shock I can't explain it. she said "Jarren it's not your fault" "whatever" I mumbled I sat up and explained every bit of it. she was staring at me, and I was staring at her I wanted to look away I was feeling awkward. But I couldn't move my gaze from her eyes. We leaned in but then jay walked in. I jerked back yelling "FUCK JAY DONT SNEAK UP LIKE THAT" he looked at both if us and said "oooooh I know what you guys were gonna do." "NOT A WORD!" Skylar scream whispered jay left and we just sat there awkwardly. But I was thinking "Jarren do it you got one chance don't fuck up." I YOLO'ed it leaned in kissing her it took her a moment to come out of the shock that she must have got I went in a little to fast. Our Lips moved in sync, her hands were in my hair I thought DAMMIT I SHOULD'VE BRUSHED MY HAIR. And my hand moved around her waste. It wasn't my first kiss no. But it was my best one. We

Kissed for about idk as long as we could hold our breath. She giggled when we were done. She walked out into the living room. while I was sitting there with my jaw hanging down like an idiot. I walked out into the living room blushing. Rosebelle said "what are you blushing about." then Skylar blushed then Rose's mouth opened her eyes wide with excitment, But just before she could say anything Skylar put her hand over rose's mouth. I said "I'm gonna go gather the vegetables hopefully the peppers were ready.

I filled up a basket of tomatoes, jalepenõs, green peppers and cucumbers hopefully we could make homemade pickles. I got the steak from the store we went into. the place is almost run dry by us. I used the grill to cook 10 steaks.

We sat down as I set the food on the table I grabbed three steaks some peppers and 2 tomatoes. we all said grace then ate. "it's almost like we are a family" Rosebelle said "I miss having GOOD home cooked meals with my dad." jay said I hit him in the arm and said "HEY, in this world I'm the best cook there is here now so get used to it, Chef Jarren at your service." I was staring at Skylar across the table remembering I kissed her. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and I put my head down to hide my blush.

I was staring at the ceiling it was 12:45 so my phone said at night, when I heard my bedroom door creak open it was Skylar. She asked "I'm cold can I sleep with you" i nodded and thought to myself don't do anything stupid Jarren we don't want a apocalyptic baby. We cuddled it was comforting I haven't felt this warm in forever I missed having someone to cuddle with. Her hair smelled like lemons. After a while I fell to sleep.

Skylar~I woke up light shining through the window. I felt Jarren's chest rise and fall I could just lay here a little while longer. He woke up with a yawn he kissed me and got up. I'm surprised he didn't try anything last night knowing how carefree boys are. We got ready and went to the living room. Jay and Rose saw us come out of the same room and went. "oooooh someone's been close" I flipped them off and sat down. This day was one of the most shortest days it went on like a flash, before I knew it boom night. Me and Jarren sleep in the same bed. We don't do anything though we are to young only 17 well rose and Jarren are 18 but that doesn't matter. I cuddled next to Jarren and finally fell asleep .