part three

"i can give you some money, if you want?" the guy said.

jun didn't even realize that he was still standing in front of her. she didn't even thank him for helping her get her purse. she didn't want the kind guy to help her more than that, he had already done so much for her. 

"i forgot to say thank you for helping me get this purse, you have no idea how precious this is to me," she looked down. "instead of money, can i borrow your phone for a minute? mine went dead." 

she had thought of borrowing taehyung or hyejin's money since she saw an atm machine on the streets nearby. plus, she was too embarrassed to ask for his money even though he sincerely offered. 

he nodded and handed it to her. jun dialed taehyung's number and pressed call. one second didn't even pass when he picked up. 

"hello? jun? are you there? oh my god please tell me you're alive," he sounded so worried it broke her heart a little. "i'm here. where are you guys? i can't find anyone around here." 

"we're already at the hotel lobby. i thought you were with hyejin so i--"

"you already went on the boat? and left me here?" she felt like crying because the realization of being all alone there hit her like a ton of bricks, but she held it in. she didn't want to make the guy in front her any more worried. he was staring at her intently though, looking concerned to no end. 

"i know, i'm so sorry i didn't notice. i should've stayed with you but i didn't. this is all my fault. are you alright? did you get hurt anywhere?" 

"no, this is actually my fault for being too careless. actually, i, err-- i need to borrow your money. someone snatched my purse just now." 

"what?! oh my god. are you okay? please tell me you're just safe and sound oh my god this is all my fault im going to--" 

'hey, relax. i can manage myself. can i borrow your money? can you send me some?" 

"yeah, i can. you need to--" and then she heard a screech and a muffled sound over the line. "jun! dear god i thought you were with tae i'm so sorry." it was hyejin. "anyway, it's almost night so you need to sleep somewhere. look for a hotel, okay? we can't come tonight since the high tide is going to last for a while. please please, look for a room anywhere and don't sleep on the streets, okay?" 

jun nodded, but then she realized hyejin couldn't see her. "okay. thanks, hyejin." 

"why didn't you answer my calls? what happened to your phone? oh my god taehyung said a thief--" 

"i'll talk to you later, alright? my phone went dead and i'm borrowing someone's phone. tell taehyung to send me money faster, i'm afraid all the rooms are gonna be full." 

suddenly she heard taehyung's voice again. "jun, don't trust strangers. i'm sending you money as soon as possible. be cautious of your surrounding and if you sense any danger just pull out any taekwondo moves, arasseo?" 

she chuckled a little. taekwondo moves. the last time she joined the taekwondo club was during middle school. and she despised it. "okay, taehyung. thank you." 

"and jun?" 

"yeah?" 

"take care, stay safe." hearing that warmed her heart and calmed her chaotic mind even though he literally already said that. 

dont trust strangers. she was pretty sure she could trust a guy who just ran for god knows how many miles just to get her empty purse. 

jun quickly gave it back to the guy, apologizing for using his money. he laughed and brushed it off. "no prob. but, you sure don't need my money? i have plenty." he raised his eyebrow.

jun numerously shook her head. "it's okay. my friend will send me some later. i really want to pay you back, not just for the phone call but for your kindness," she took out a paper that had her number in it and gave it to him. but she paused it for a second. "i have a feeling you're going to brush it off again and tell me it's no big deal. i'm not hitting on you or anything but can i have your number?" she pushed the thought to the deepest part of her brain, though that guy had quite the good looks. her being a flirt? never in a million years. jun was an awkward, antisocial, pathetic loner. 

he chuckled. "it's not even a day and you already know me too well. alright, here's my card. you can treat me coffee or anything. how's that?" he gave a card to her. 

she nodded her head and smiled. "sounds good. thank you again--"

suddenly his phone buzzed. he excused himself and answered the phone call. jun waited patiently. it seemed like he had quite an argument with the caller by the way he frowned and yelled.

a few minutes later he came back with a not so good expression on his face. "i'm sorry but i really had to go now, there's an emergency."

jun looked at the written name and number card.

"kim namjoon?"

he looked up and smiled. "yeah, that's my name. and you are?" he trailed off, motioning her to tell her name.

"just call me jun," she replied. "and thank you for everything." 

"my pleasure. then, i'll get going." he turned around and started walking away. but then namjoon suddenly stopped and went back to her.

jun looked at him in confusion. "is something wrong?"

he took out his wallet and pullet out some money. "it's not nice of me to leave a girl like you alone here. here's some money, not a lot but i hope you use it well."

jun was about to open her mouth and refuse his help but he cut her off. "no, please just accept that, alright? i'll be very troubled if you don't. i'll get going."

after namjoon excused himself, jun went to an atm machine she spotted along the streets. she didn't know whether she should feel safe or not since the streets were still packed with people. she was pretty sure these people would stay here till late midnight. she did feel relieved a little since she certainly didn't want to be walking the streets alone. 

she rushed to every inch of the island, looking for a room at any hotel.

unfortunately, what ill fated luck she had. all the rooms were full, just as she predicted earlier. she cursed herself for having a salty tongue.

she was so tired and hungry after all the running from hotels to hotels. so jun went to a convenience store and bought a raspberry flavoured ice cream, her favourite.

she sat down on the pavement and sighed. at least she could enjoy the ice cream right now.

at the corner of her eye she saw someone sitting down not far from her side. she took a glance and saw the cute pink haired guy whom she bumped into earlier.

and he was literally wearing the same goddamn shirt as her.