part thirteen

"my friends and teachers are here," jun stated.

"oh, um.. are they coming here?" yoongi didn't know what to say, he kind of felt disappointed because his thought had been cut off, and now he didn't feel like telling her anymore.

he sighed. maybe they weren't meant to be together, even though both were having such mutual feelings.

jun nodded a little and smiled. sure she was excited to finally be back with her friends, but she was more sad about leaving yoongi.

it was crazy how she felt so comfortable with him already despite the very short amount of time they spent together.

"hey, you still haven't answered my question yet," jun raised a brow at him.

"what? oh.. um, i don't know," yoongi looked down at his feet.

"why are you trying to act like me earlier. tell me the reason or i'm not going to forgive you," she gave him a sly smirk.

he frowned. "wait i didn't even apologize. for what reason anyway?"

"if, what i assume is that you were only holding my hand just for fun, or for your own useless benefit, then i'll feel greatly disappointed," jun said, crossing her arms.

"maybe it is for my own benefit," he muttered.

"what do you mean?"

yoongi shrugged. "i just wanted you to feel calm and safe, and i wanted you to know that i'd be there for you, that way i don't have to get so worried about you. so maybe it is for my own benefit."

jun didn't respond. she didn't expect yoongi to say such sappy things like that, and she wondered if he realized that those words didn't sound like what one would say to someone they barely knew.

"did you realize those words make you sound like you actually have a crush on me?" jun teased him, she didn't mean it though she'd be more than happy if it was actually true.

"says the one who's jealous of a random stranger," he scoffed.

jun covered her face in embarrassment. "oh my god, i hate you."

"you wouldn't hate me if you were jealous, eh?" he wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.

jun rolled her eyes and scoffed. she didn't know what else to say since yoongi kept firing back statements that would make her face flush in embarrassment in the end.

"um, i think we should part now," jun suddenly realized that her friends could be here any minute, and if they saw her with yoongi, that would definitely stir things up. 

"why?" 

jun looked stupefied at his question. "what do you mean why? i'm leaving obviously?" 

"but they would take quite some time to reach here," yoongi deadpanned. jun didn't want to sound cocky, but it sounded like yoongi wanted to stay with her longer and she was having a hard time trying to hide her smile. 

"yeah but.. i think it's best if they don't see us like this." 

"like what? i'm just talking to you?" 

"yeah but.. i just don't want them to make a big deal out of this." 

"big deal of what? chill, jun. you can just say we met on the sidewalk and we just chatted a little bit." 

"are you sure you don't mind?" jun raised an eyebrow. 

"no, unless you want me to leave," yoongi shrugged. he was being stubbornly persistent about staying with her, and he could care less if he appeared obvious about it, even though he definitely saw that jun had a tiny smile on her face for a split second.