part eleven

jun swallowed a lump in her throat, trying not to mind at the sight of them. the unknown girl finally pulled her arms away from yoongi as they were about to get off. they chatted briefly, the girl beaming a smile at him before going off somewhere.

jun watched all of it, though it was quite painful, she reminded herself that she wasn't even in the right place to be jealous. she watched yoongi turning his head, facing her direction. their eyes locked for a moment before he came striding down her path.

"was it fun?" linking your arms together with her, jun wanted to ask.

"the ride? not really." he shook his head a little, though she saw him smiling while saying it. jun thought it was wrong for her to feel jealous, but she couldn't help the negative feeling that was dominating her heart. what could she even do? they barely knew each other, they weren't even a thing to begin with. they were nothing.

so she decided to dismiss the feeling and act like how she usually was before. jun pulled out the jibangi keychain and handed it to him.

"what's this for?" yoongi asked, eyeing and squishing the small keychain.

jun shrugged. "for everything."

yoongi flashed her a grin, the corner of his eyes crinkling. "it's cute."

"i bought it because it looks exactly like you."

"so am i cute then?" he found himself smirking seeing jun's flustered expression.

"i take it back. it's not. jibangi is ugly like yoongi. oh hey it rhymes." jun fake gasped. he scoffed, throwing daggers at her with his small eyes.

"what? as if you didn't call me a gorilla earlier." she rolled her eyes while crossing her arms.

"but you did look like a gorilla. i'm serious." and he deadass made a serious expression, trying hard to make her believe the facade.

this made her even more furious, because she really did think he was serious. "oh? well you're ugly and i'm serious."

though she did good maintaining an emotionless face, yoongi only smiled in return.

"i think i'm cute so your opinion doesn't mean a thing to me."

"heol, your self confidence is undeniably high," she remarked, clapping her hands in a sneer amazement.

yoongi glanced down at his watch and ran his other hand through his hair. "we still have quite some time left before you leave. so i was thinking, since you don't like scary rides, do you want to ride the ferris wheel?"

she didn't know if she was scared of ferris wheel since she never rode it before. but one thing was certain for sure; she wasn't a fan of heights. so she shook her head. "i don't want to. you can go with someone else."

"there's no way a stranger would want to ride with me. and who the hell rides the ferris wheel alone? come on, it's gonna be fun."

jun scoffed. "everything sounds fun to you." she narrowed her eyes. he could definitely found another girl to link their arms with, she thought bleakly.

but then what he replied in return caught her off guard. "yeah, everything's fun when you're here." he smiled. jun stared at him, searching for any hint of embarrassment. but nope, he was still smiling at her. are boys always this blunt and full of words that make girls lose their minds?

"what? it's true. you always have that gorilla face when you're scared--"

"uh, not that again." she rolled her eyes. "anyway, i'm still not going. i have a fear of heights."