Chapter 10

Nick's POV

"Ok." I could hear her say quietly down the phone, trying to calm herself.

I turned to Winston and asked him to come with me. Schmidt had left to go to the supemarket a little while before. I called the police on the way to the loft and as we pulled up we could see one cop car and an ambulance. I really hope she's not hurt I thought to myself. I jumped out of the car and ran to one of the police men that were outside the apartment building. "Hey, is she ok? What happened?" "She's fine. They're just trying to get the doors pried open." He replied. "Ok." I said then I pushed passed him and went in to see if everything was ok.

"Jess!" I shouted as I got closer to the elevator. "Nick!?" She called back, weakly. "Yeah I'm here Jess. You're gonna be ok. They'll get you out in no time." I said trying to reassure her.

"I'm here too!" Winston called from behind me. "Thanks guys!" I heard her shout back. I was relieved that she was ok but I was still worried.

After about an hour of shouting back and forth, the fireman that had come, finally got the elevator open and I saw Jess sitting in the corner, with her knees to her chest. I jumped down into the elevator and ran over to her and brought her into a hug. "Are you OK?" I asked worriedly. "I'm ok now." She replied as she smiled up at me.

All of a sudden all these feelings came rushing through my head. I didn't know what they were. They made me feel happy and content just to be with her. I never wanted to leave this hug. I never wanted to let her go. She tried to slightly pull away but I wouldn't let her go. What was I doing? What's happening?

I let her go and pulled away. I sttod up and held out my hand to help her up. She grabbed it and I pulled her up and we got out of the lift. She hugged Winston when she got out.

We went straight to the loft after Jess got checked by a paramedic from the ambulance.

Winston, Jess and I walked into the loft. I had an arm wrapped around her shoulder. Cece saw us and stood up straight and ran over to us. 'What happened?" Cece exclaimed.

"I got trapped in the elevator." I could still feel her shaking under my arm.I rubbed her arm to try and tell her that I'll be here. She looked at be and gave me a reassuring smile. I gave her another tight squeeze and she went over and Cece pulled her into a hug. "I-I need to text Richard. Tell him I'm not coming." Jess explained.

"Who's Richard?" I asked. "Ah, he, he's the principal of my school. "Oh. Where are you not going?" I ask starting to get a little jealous.

"We were supposed to be going out. On a date." My eyes widened at her words and straightened. "Oh." I said in response. I went over to where she was standing and gave her a kiss on the cheek, gave her a hug and turned to walk to my room.

I closed the door behind me and landed against it with my head in my hands.

I felt someone trying to open my door, pushing me forward. I turned and saw Winston popping his head around the door. "Can I come in?" I gestured my hand for him to come in.

"What was that? In the elevator?" He asked, his voice slightly lowered.

"What are you talking about, man?" I asked, confused.

"The hug, man." He said back.

I was starting to realise what he was talking about and I try to act confused at all of his questions.

"Do you have feelings for Jess?" He asked. I was intrigued with this question. Did I have feelings for Jess? Well, I wanted to be with her abs never leave her side. I do have feelings for Jess. I feel what I felt when we were going out. I like Jess!

"I don't know, man." I explain, rubbing my eyes. I look back to him and he smiles. "What?" I question.

"You do, don't you?"

"Um... I think so, dude."

"Hey, hey this is good, man." He exclaimed.

"How?" I asked.

"The thing is... Jess likes you, man." He said with a grin on his face. "What do you mean? She was going to go on a date with the principal."

"She loves you, Nick."

I looked at him and smiled. I let out a sigh of relief and thanked Winston. I need to tell her how I feel so I thought that now was the best time.