Chapter 6 - Angel in Church

CARRIE'S POV:

I woke up the next day with the biggest smile on my face. I walked around the house with an extra spring in my step. All because of last night.

I walked down the stairs to be greeted by my dogs, when all of a sudden I heard my phone buzz.

Good morning, Care! Have a blessed Sunday!
- Mike

I held my phone up to my chest and sighed. Can this man get any more perfect? A handsome looking dude, with the charisma of a gentlemen.

Morning Mike! I hope you have a great day today!

I looked at the time and it read 8:01am, which gives me enough time to have breakfast and get ready for church. Today was Sunday, and church began at 9:30am.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed myself a bottle of water from the fridge and I looked inside the fridge to find some fruits I could have for breakfast.

I cut up some strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and watermelon and put them all in a bowl, I grabbed the bowl of fruit and water and sat down on a stool on the breakfast bar.

As I was eating my fruit, I scrolled through some of my social media. I went on twitter and replied to some tweets from my fans and went on instagram to like some pictures they had all tagged me in.

After finishing my fruit and drinking the bottle of water, I put the bowl in the sink and headed upstairs to get ready for church.

I hopped into the bathroom and quickly took a shower. After, I chose to wear a floral dress that stopped just above the knee and decided to pair it with some brown wedges.

I then sat down at the vanity to my makeup and hair. I curled my hair into my signature tight curls, usually this would take 30 minutes, but ever since I cut my hair short, it only takes 15 minutes!

After, I decided to put on some light foundation and concealer. I then applied some bronzer to the cheeks and filled in my eyebrows. After, I applied mascara and swiped some light pink lipgloss on before grabbing my purse and walking downstairs.

I checked the time: 9:07am, just enough time to drive to church. I hopped into the car and turned on the radio, and one of my favourite artists came on - Maren Morris. I sang along to her song that was playing on the radio. Before I knew it, I was pulling into church. I turned off the radio and hopped out the car. Ah, just in time.

MIKE'S POV:

As I headed into church, I heard a familiar giggle, one that I had heard not to long ago. I swear, I'm going crazy. I'm so infatuated with Carrie, I hear her laugh everywhere I go. Then I caught a whiff of a floral scent. Okay Mike, now this is getting weird.

I started to look around the church, and saw a bunch of people mingling and talking before it started. Then I spotted her. Carrie.

She looked as beautiful as she did last night, if not even more beautiful. She was wearing a floral dress that suited her body so well. I'm having indecent thoughts about a woman in church, cut it out Mike.

I shoved my hands in my pocket and headed towards where she was sitting and found there was space beside her. So I took my chance.

"Hey there." I leaned in and whispered towards her ear. I swear I could feel her shiver.

"Hey Mike! What are doing here?" She smiled and gave me a hug.

"I go to this church every Sunday!" I turned my body to face her, so she could hear me easier.

"Are you just saying that, or are you stalking me?" She raised her eyebrows and smirked at me.

"Now, Ms Underwood. Why would I tell you that?" I smirked, to which I earned a giggle from Carrie.