Chapter 12 - Win or Lose

MIKE'S POV:

"Mike, babe. Do you want to go and get any meat you want. You know I can't tell the difference between any of them" I heard Carrie say, while she stared at the shopping list on her phone. We were doing our grocery shopping for the week, since we were both off.

Carrie was wearing some jeans and a flannel, her hair was swept up in a messy bun and she had little to no makeup one - and yet she still looked gorgeous.

I let out a chuckle before kissing her on the cheek.

"Sure thing, I'll meet you back here, okay?" I asked. She nodded her head, all while deciding on what else to get. I chuckled and made my way over to the meat section.

Carrie and I had been together for around 6 months now, her Storyteller Tour was a success and it was finally over, hockey season is still in gear - but we're doing good. We've had our arguments but it's nothing that we can't get past. We still haven't made our relationship public, but we've talked about doing it soon. Nevertheless, the past 6 months have been pure bliss.

I walked over to the meat section and looked at what I could have. I ended up deciding on some chicken and beef. As I was walking back to Carrie, I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Mike?" I heard her say. I turned around and saw my ex, Nicole.

"Nic?! How are you doing?" I smiled at her, although it was awkward between us, I wanted to be nice.

"I'm doing good, how are you doing?" She asked.

"Things are going gr-" I was about to finish speaking but I heard Carrie interrupt me

"Hey babe, are you almost ready to go?" I turned at Carrie, who was still checking her phone to see if we had gotten everything we needed. She looked up at saw me, before turning to my ex, with her eyes wide open.

"Hey! Nicole, right? How are you?" I saw Carrie put out her hand for Nicole to shake.

"Wow, I can't believe you remember who I am! That was like months ago!" I saw Nicole take Carrie's hand to shake.

"How long have you both been a thing?" She asked.

"Around six months." I smiled and scratched the stubble on my chin before joining Carrie and resting my arms on her shoulder.

"Oh, well...I should get going! It was good seeing you Mike, and nice meeting you again Carrie." She walked away, leaving me and Carrie alone.

"Well, that was...weird." I heard Carrie say, I looked at her and I saw her giggling.

"You're telling me, c'mon, let's get out of here." I kissed the side of her forehead before heading over to pay.

CARRIE'S POV:

"Babe, I think we should post something to say that we're together, you know?" I asked.

Mike and I were sitting on the couch, Mike had a game later on, so we decided to just watch TV and have lunch before he headed over to the arena to warm up.

"Sure thing, are you sure you wanna do it today though?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, I think so. Sooner or later fans are gonna get some pictures of us, so why not." I shrugged before turning my attention back to the TV.

"And plus, I want to wear my Fisher jersey to the game tonight" I admitted with a smile on my face. I turned to Mike and I saw him smirking at me.

"Ahhh, so thats the real reason why." He chuckled. I pulled my phone out and went to take a cute selfie. We snapped a quick picture before putting it to instagram.

"Mike, what's the caption going to be?" I asked while staring at my phone deciding what to type.

"Mike Fisher is an extremely handsome, gorgeous, mega hunk, and great hockey player." He joked.

"Add modest and humble to that list too" I mumbled before giggling.

Ultimately I decided on just having #12 with a heart emoji as the caption. I pressed post and locked my phone before turning my attention back to Mike.

"Well, there's no turning back now, Fisher." I smirked and looked over at him.

"Wouldn't have it any other way, Underwood."
He looked at me sweetly before leaning in to kiss me as I ran my hands through his hair.

I pulled away and smiled as I got lost in his eyes.

"Hey, since we're official now. How would you feel about being my date to the Grammy's?" I asked. I was hesitant to ask Mike about this, he's never been the type to step out into the public eye often.

"Of course, I'd love too!" He said.

"Wait, really?" I said, I turned my head towards him.

"Anything to support my girl." He whispered.

"Okay, now that's just cheesy." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the TV.

"Hmm, I have a feeling we have a good shot tonight." He admitted while he rubbed his hand on my back in circles.

"Hmm, why's that?" I asked.

"No reason, it's just a feeling. I don't want to jinx it though" he shrugged.

"Probably because you have your good luck charm cheering for you." I winked and grinned, remembering that day I bumped into him before a game.

"Ah, I remember that day." He scratched the top of his head. "I remember after I had met you, things hadn't been the same with Nicole and I couldn't put my finger on it." He continued.

"We broke up, and the next day, I saw someone sitting in my favourite hideout space, turns out it was you." He looked at me and grinned.

"I knew then, that God's plan was for me to be with you, just seeing you made me feel content and happy, and at that point I was just praying that you'd remember who I was." He chuckled recalling the memory.

"I couldn't get your eyes out of my head after I met you" I sheepishly admitted, "they were all I could think of." I blushed slightly.

"I tried to play it cool at the park, but I could feel my heart racing when I saw your eyes again." I smiled while staring into the eyes of the man that I had fallen in love with. I kissed him, this time more passionately and more heated. I ran my fingers through his hair and his hand wrapped across my lower back as he pulled me closer.

I pulled away for some air.

"Woah, after that kiss, win or lose the game, I've definitely won tonight" He smirked.

I slapped his chest playfully before leaning in to kiss him again.

A/N: long time no see! Sorry for the lack of updates, I have some time off, so I'll try to update regularly.

Hope you like it!:)