Chapter 14 - Lovin' Life

CARRIE'S POV:

"Babe, are you nearly ready?" I heard Mike shouting from downstairs.

"Yeah, give me five minutes" I shouted back as I stood up from my chair. I swept my hair to the side and checked one final time in the mirror.

Mike and I had been together for almost 11 months now, and we were going out tonight to celebrate that and my birthday. With hockey season still in full gear, we were celebrating my birthday a couple of days early since Mike's going to be away.

I walked over to the bed and put on the dress I was going to wear. It was a red and orange minidress that came to mid-thigh. It was classy but sexy at the same time.

As I was zipping the back of my dress up, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said. I turned around to see Mike smiling sweetly in the door. He saw me struggling to zip the back of my dress up and walked towards me.

"Need some help?" He smirked. I nodded and turned around to let him zip me up. After her zipped me up, I felt his lips touch my shoulder, and then my neck. Before he gently twirled me around and kissed me on the lips.

"You look beautiful, Care." He said while gazing to my eyes. I could feel my cheeks flush as he whispered these sweet nothings.

"I love you." I whispered back before leaning up to kiss him on the cheek. I giggled before walking away to grab my heels. I decided to opt for some gold stilettos and a black purse.

"Mike, baby can you grab my phone please, it's on the dresser" I yelled from my closet. I walked out in my heels to find Mike standing ready to go.

"Let's go Ms. Underwood." He held out his arm for me and led me down the stairs, out the door and into the car.

He opened my door and guided me in, before getting in himself. After 11 months, he still does the little things like holding the car door open for me. Mike started driving and I fell into my own thoughts.

Since the Grammy's, life had been going so good. I took Mike home to Oklahoma to meet my parents. They loved him. I was afraid my dad was going to be hard on him, but they formed a great bond and ended up spending more time together than I did with him.

After we went to Canada so I could meet Mike's parents. I remember being so nervous. But it was great in the end. Mike has a large family and to be a part of it was amazing.

We've definitely had our arguments and we've learnt from them. We'v grown as a couple and we've grown as people. Mike helped me get over my insecurities that my last relationship put in place.

The last time I was in a relationship, all I was ever made to feel was inadequate. I was never good enough for him. For Tony. And yet with Mike, everything I seem to do is enough for him. And I love him for it.

He's helped me embrace my flaws and made me feel beautiful and sexy. This man loved me unconditionally and the feeling was definitely mutual.

I looked over at Mike and smiled before turning back to the road. I saw that we weren't going the way we usually did to downtown Nashville.

"Babe, are we going the right way?" I asked, when I saw that we were just passing trees and rolling hills.

"Don't worry, princess. I got this." He smirked before turning his attention back to the road.

I grabbed my phone and decided to snap a quick selfie of the both of us. I got Mike to turn his head for a second and smile.