The Crumble

"Tell me, have I done wrong?" I asked sukhada when I landed in London and settled myself inside my suite.

The unbearable pain was still creeping in when virat's full blown controversy came up.

It said, virat confirmed that in fact it was veronica he met in west indies. And also veronica being smug answered, "no comments" when she was asked about the same.

"Honestly I think you did right asmya. It's just that now you need to chill a bit. You've been so stressed lately." She was right anyway, I was wishing for some peace and that wasn't coming to me no matter how much I tried.

I nodded to myself, even though sukhu could not see that.

" Forget that for now. Let's meet in the evening at the central Cafe. " I smiled knowing I would finally meet my best friend and she was I town. I quickly agreed and forced myself into taking a nap. In that nap I had a dream with virat smiling face which somehow brought calm.

The ding of my phone woke me up and when I checked it out my stomach flipped.

Are you going inform me about your whereabouts or do I have to prepone my London visit?

I gulped reading virat's text and scowled later.

Why he has to upset me all the time?

My fingers hovered above the keyboard but then I stopped myself. I didn't have to give him any answer. I wasn't going to communicate with him in any manner.

I sighed and got ready to meet sukhada.

I spotted my girly sitting at the Cafe in the farthest corner and she waved her hands at me asking for my attention. I almost ran towards and she stood up taking me in her embrace. Oh it felt so good meeting someone dear to you after a long time.

"I missed you." I murmured the same and took a seat beside her.

"You look in severe need of rest." I took a sharp breath at suggestion.

"I did sleep in the afternoon."

Sukhu let out a exasperated sigh, "you seem stressed babe."

I shook my head, "I won't be anymore."

She instantly smiled, "that's my girl." She pinched my cheeks and made me giggle.

After a crossiont and a black coffee, my best brien couldn't stop but finally ask. "That picture is viral."

I couldn't do anything give her a curt nod.

"That girl is you, I can see." She showed me the picture in her iPhone and I just glanced at it.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"It matters Asmi. Virat needs to clarify."

I snorted, "how is he going to clarify? Our engagement is hidden." No one knew about it.

"Yeah. But something needs to be done Asmi. It's going hamper badly when it comes to your family and his." I could feel the knots twisting in my tummy. I rubbed my face with my palms and sighed.

"Did he speak to you about it?"

I shook my head, "I refrained him from talking to me."

"Oh is that why he texted me if you reached or not?" My face snapped at her in shocked and found her nod knowingly. She showed me his text and I exhaled at it. "I told him you reached safely."

"Okay." I mumbled playing with the crumbs of bread in front of my plate.

"He have hurt me sukhu, I can't do this anymore." I croaked later when the pain started creeping up.

"You have the choice Asmi. Just make the call but think before you take any drastic step. It's just not about you or him but families are involved as well. It will be huge blow." She trailed off looking outside the window, "I have known you since childhood and I have seen how you have crushed over him. And I have also seen how you got over it too."

"It was a stupid crush. A waste of time. Nothing else." I quickly bit out.

A smile on sukhada's face stayed prominent, "and I have also seen your mere crush turn into something strong."

My breath stumbled inside my chest when she added, "almost love that was."

I didn't reply anything, I didn't know anything what I felt for virat any longer.

"He said he loves me." I couldn't help but tell her.

"And?"

"I didn't say it back."

She closed her eyes tapping on her own forehead. "Asmi. You need to know he is yours. You aren't just claiming."

"I have no right to claim when it comes to anything about him. I broke the engagement." I trailed off ignoring the sukhu's shocked face, "he is a free man now." I whispered the last part glancing at my hand. The ring band was still prominent onto the finger.

"And now it's bothering you." She concluded increasing the turmoil inside of me.

I smiled at her sucking up at the fucked up situation nevertheless, "Like you said, I need a break."

∆∆∆

I was on my way back to the hotel when I found a small beautiful pond in the nearby park. I decided to stroll around.

It was nice being alone for a bit but then virat's thoughts kept me engaged. Even though I was upset with his doing, I kind of felt empty. I missed his company.

His childish behavior, his contagious laughs, his passion for cricket, his talks, his face, those chocolate brown eyes, that smile. I missed him so much.

I took a deep breath and found mom was calling me, I picked it up.

She didn't even let me greet her and started rambling.

"You made me so happy Asmi. I though you'd back out but you did right. I know everything fall in place when you spend some time with virat. Oh God, my baby you made me so happy by agreeing to the wedding."

My eyes widen when my mind registered her words," what? "

" Virat's just called me saying you both have sort out your differences and ready for the marriage. " My heart thumped unevenly my chest and I found myself breathing hard.

" Mom wait, I've been meaning to talk to you about this. Actually -"

But she beat me to it," It's alright pillu. I understand. You must have been tired after all the Travelling that you forgot to tell me."

I was mum, I could not speak any further. "And about the pictures over the internet, virat said that's you and it's just media speculations. It will sort out soon." She trailed off, "Are you hurt about it honey?"

"No. I-"

"Oh that's better. Dad is also happy with your decision. I've started shopping already. Me and your father will go for jewellery shopping tomorrow."

"Mumma." I whispered, helpless. I wanted to cry now.

Everything was crumbling.

"From now on everything will be alright pillu, I assure you that."

What an irony that was!

*********
Trying to get this one real quick.
*********