The Battle they Never Finished

Randy shook the bars of the cage, trying to escape. Sapphire laid unconscious behind him in the cage, as McFist talked with the sorcerer. Emerald stood next to the cage with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Emerald, what can you even gain by doing this?" Randy asked.

"Ninja, why do you care?" Emerald asked grabbed the bars of the cage.

"You helped us, you kept her demon suppressed. What can you possibly gain by betraying us like this?" Randy growled.

"Listen the only reason I kept that demon suppressed like that, is so I wouldn't have to face it. The only reason I helped you guys, was to learn your guy's secrets." Emerald grabbed Randy's scarf and slammed Randy's head against the cage bars.

"Go to hell." Randy chocked.

Emerald threw him to the other side of the cage; falling over Howard.

"Ow." Howard pushed Randy off of him.

"Sorry buddy." Randy sat up.

McFist turned to Emerald. "Bring me the ninja!" He yelled.

Emerald opened the cage door, and grabbed him by the ankle. Randy restrained himself, and clung onto the cage bars. Emerald extracted claws from his nails, and clawed Randy's ankle. Randy yelled in pain, and released the bars.

Emerald dragged Randy across the floor; his claws sunken into Randy's ankle. When out of know where Sapphire kicked Emerald in the face. Emerald dropped Randy's ankle, fell to his back.

"Sa- I mean, shinobi!" Randy said in shock.

"Ninja, get out of here. Now." Sapphire formed fists with her hands.

"No, I'm not leaving." Randy stood up.

"And I'm not asking. Get Howard and get out of here!" Sapphire commanded.

Randy gave Sapphire a shocked look, and nodded. Randy grabbed Howard's hand and escaped. Sapphire looked up at Emerald, and pulled out her sword. Emerald extracted his claws.

"So, two friends fighting to the death." Emerald said.

"The battle we never finished. The fight from two years ago." Sapphire said with a broken heart.

"It looks like it." Emerald smirked.

The sorcerer glared at Sapphire, in interest.

"Emerald stop this-"

"No no, I want to see this." The sorcerer cut off McFist.

Sapphire pointed her sword behind her head. Emerald charged Sapphire, attacking her with his claws. Sapphire blocked the shot with her sword, sending sparks flying through the air. She jumped away from him, making Emerald follow her. 

Sapphire formed an ice armor around her. Emerald stood, beginning to sweat.

"What's wrong? Can't make a fire armor?!" The shinobi yelled.

Emerald snickered. "Of course I can!" 

He lifted his hands, shakingly. He shut his eyes tight, and remembered what happened 2 years ago.

~ (Emerald's flash back in his point of view)

 I lost control, the fire from around me spread throughout the academy.

The girl gasped. Her armor disappeared from around her, and she ran away. I followed, but was trapped by a fallen beam that hit me in the head. I fell to the ground and passed out completely.

(End of flash back)~

Emerald starred down at his hands in fear of summoning the fire.

"Screw it." He said to Sapphire.