Chapter Nineteen

Hello my lovelies! I hope you had an amazing New Years and Holiday! So a couple of days ago I got really excited because I got 390 readers! I just wanted to thank you all for reading my book and I hope you enjoy it so far. Well here is chapter nineteen, I hope you enjoy it. -Jay

Chapter 19

Jered p.o.v.

The night I talked on the phone Lex asked me to keep her being alpha a secret, just to see some people’s reaction. At first I thought it was a bad idea but Lex explained why she was doing it so I respected her request. I just hope that nothing bad happens at the meeting.

*At the meeting, new house*

“Well now that Alpha Lex is here let’s get this meeting started.” I said. Then I thought ‘Shit what did I just do.’ Lex looked at me, then the guy she was holding hands with, then at the crowd. When she looked back at the guy he nodded and went on the small stage with her. “Hello my name is Lex, Alpha of the Midnight Light Pack.” Lex said with a confident voice. Moments later Tanner and Cam came on the stage and stood to the side. My pack members started to laugh and murmur about something. At first Lex’s pack looked anger, but after a moment their anger was turned into a mischievous smirk. Lex or Tanner must have said something through the pack link, looks like this is going to be interesting. “What makes you think we are going to believe you? You look small and weak, and you don’t have any power generating off of you saying that you are an Alpha.” said a low, manly voice in the second row. Tanner, Cam, and the guy standing next to Lex growled quietly at the insult that had just been aimed at Lex. “Well don’t you think looks can be deceiving?” Lex said with a smirk. After she said that her eyes turned to her wolf purple ones and her alpha scent got everyone’s attention. Just then the guy that said the insult turned pale and his eyes went wide. “Are you sure that I don’t look or smell like an Alpha now?” she questioned. The guy then bowed his head in submission and said “I did not know, please forgive me.” he said with fear radiating him. Lex’s eyes turned normal but her power remained, “It’s fine you didn’t know, in fact none of you knew. I just wanted to see your and your friends reaction to me being a small Alpha female. But I just want you all to know I am really a fun person, and I hope that everyone one of you can except me as I except you.” She said while looking around the room. “Now when I am with friends if I have time, it may look like I am carefree but I can assure you that behind closed doors I am serious with my work. I am as tough as Jered and as serious as Jered when it comes to being an Alpha.” she said then looked at me. “Shall we get started now?” she asked me with a serious expression. “I guess so.”

*after the meeting.*

I turned to John and Adam and said “Damn my mouth is tired from all the talking.” As I started to rub my mouth i started to say “I will be in my office, you know where to find me if you need to talk.” I started to walk towards my office when a girl caked with make-up stood in front of me. “Hello Alpha, my name is Eve.” She said while touching my chest with her hand. I pushed her hand off of me and started to walk again. “Don’t you want to get to know me?” she said seductively. “No I do not. Now if you excuse me I have work to do.” I said with a growl on the end of my sentence. When I got to my office I shut the door and walked to my desk. I didn’t want to sound rude to the girl, it’s just she isn’t my mate so I just don’t like her. After doing a lot of paper work, I decided that I would go and see how everyone was doing. When I got to the living room everyone was watching a movie so I decided to sit and watch as well.