Chapter 3: Trapped And Left With A Little Girl.

Demi awoke the next morning to a small cry making her lift her head up off the pillow groggily, she didn't remember having a child and none of her family members were with her. Just as different scenarios came to mind she remembered the night before and her eyes widened in panic.

"Oh fuck! What did I do? Why did I do that?" Demi questioned herself, after she said that a little girl came rushing into her bedroom, holding a huge teddy bear Demi's mother gave her before she left and Demi's huge big top to sleep in which she dragged along the floor as she walked. However Demi had bathed her the night before and seeing the little girl fresh faced with her hair neatly combed you could see her bright green eyes and her coloured skin. She was adorable and Demi couldn't help but let a little smile form on her face.

No, don't smile. I can't do this! Why did I take her? What do I do with her now? Oh God, the police are going to think I killed her mother. How do I explain? Why did them guys stop running after me, they want me to be arrested! Demi panicked, not noticing the little girl crawl up on her bed and stare at Demi; waiting for her to speak.

No Demi, you'll tell them the truth and so will Elisa. You'll get off free! You'll go a find an orphanage to take the little girl in to today. Demi spoke to herself before finally turning towards the little girl who had tears in her eyes and a small frown etched onto her face.

"Did you sleep well sweetie?" Demi asked softly, the little girl nodded and in that moment Demi felt the need to cuddle the young girl so she held her arms out and allowed the 4 year old to crawl into her arms and drop her head onto her shoulder before letting out a soft sigh.

"I want my momma." Demi's heart broke at the little girls voice, since last night Demi was surprised when the little girl had lay in her bed and asked if she couldn't stay up late to watch the TV ( which she seemed fascinated with). Although Demi thought the young girl wanted to sleep after the horrific events that occurred. So, Demi comforted the little girl by rubbing her back in circles and asking questions about herself.

"You know sweetheart, those bad guys, they uh... they took your momma away, now she will have to go to heaven which is a very good place. Heaven is were they can rest and play with other nice people there. Don't worry, she's safe. Heaven is an amazing place but the only bad thing about heaven is that nobody can go and see them." Demi explained in the best way she could but when the little girl suddenly burst out into tears she didn't know what to do.

"B-But I want my m-momma..." the little girl fell into the crook of Demi's neck and she wrapped her arms around her and stood up, trying to smooth the little girl.

"Baby girl, don't cry. Listen, when was the last time you ate?" Demi asked, taking her down stairs to the kitchen while wiping her tears.

"I-I don't k-know." Elisa's head fell into the crook of Demi's neck before she finally started breathing evenly again, however when Demi went to put her on the counter the girl only whined and clung to her tighter.

"What do you mean you don't know? I gave you some money yesterday remember." Demi frowned, replaying the scene from the first day she arrived. Without putting her down Demi started making pancakes while Elisa curiously watched.

"No, the bad when took it off my momma." Elisa admitted making Demi let out a shaky breath, she didn't want to question the little girl but she needed answers and needed to find out more information about the men as possible.

"Who's the bad men?" She hesitated for a moment before speaking.

"Daddy owned them pennies but then he got grabbed by the men in the blue jackets and took him away for a long time (police) so momma had to give it to them. It was a lot and she told them she couldn't pay it so they got really mad, that's why they hurt her. Will they hurt me too?" Demi placed the little girl in the chair before leaning down.