Chapter 13 - Why Do Promises Always Leave You Broken?

Chapter 13

A splash of water tore me from the wonderful dream about ponies and unicorns. I opened my eyes jumping up off the couch my drenched red hair sticking to my face. I glared at Ariana who was holding an empty bucket of water and screamed, "What the hell? Not radical."

"Sorry," she chuckled giving me a cheeky grin causing me to roll my eyes and wander off into my bedroom. Since I had fallen asleep on the couch the night before. I opened my closet hearing it creak woke me up slightly more. Although water was poured on me I was not fully awake. I pulled out a pair of blue shorts pre-matched with a light blue tank top. I bent down and rummaged through my shoes until I found a pair of gray slip on vans. I carried the shoes over to my bed where I tossed the outfit.

After getting dressed I walked into bathroom over the past five minutes my hair had began to curl. 'Couldn't have that could we,' I thought to myself as I pulled out my hair dryer. Soon enough my hair was dried and Stacey had wandered into the doorway. She was wearing a pink graphic tank top with a pair of black shorts. I picked up a brush and began to brush my hair. You know the usual hair necessities.

"It looks pretty like that." Stacey stated looking at me with awe. I was already up late because Ariana woke me up. Ariana. So I decided against straightening my hair, admiring it falling into waves of red. It looked pretty and not mainstream. Smiling I picked up my makeup bag hearing Stacey's footsteps get farther away.

After applying only a bottom layer of eyeliner and some red lipstick I walked into the kitchen where the voices of my three best friends were coming from. Not shocked by seeing Monique in a purple leopard print tank top and black shorts with black flip flops. Ariana grinned at me in a black anchor shirt and black shorts pair with a pair of black vans. The only thing that changed about Stacey was she was wearing a pair of black vans also.

"Shopping?" I asked grabbing my purse from the counter.

"Hell yeah." Ariana said picking up her small black handbag. Followed by Monique who picked up a large purple messenger bag she always had a new bag. Stacey was at the door phone in hand and purse resting on her forearm.

"Ready ladies." She asked opening the door and not waiting for us and stepping through it. I pushed past Ariana and Monique and dashed down the hallway for the elevator. If I knew Stacey she would be forcing the door shut so we had to wait. I made it just in time to make it into the elevator. Thankfully I hadn't lost any limbs in the process. Stacey continued to rapidly push the lobby button.

"Nice try." I stated causing her to jump.

"I did not see you," she said with a hand on her heart. A few floors of silence had passed when the lift stopped opening the doors revealing Genevieve (Jennaveave).

"Hello ladies," She nodded with a fake smile. More silence but this time more awkward when all I could do was stare at her cheap manicure. When the elevator finally came to a stop at our destination Genevieve looked Stacey at with a pitiful expression, "I'm sorry for sleeping with your boyfriend but he came on to me," She said with a fake apologetic voice.

Rolling my eyes I tugged on Stacey's arm but she wouldn't budge so there we were standing in the lobby with a skank. "No you're not sorry. He didn't there is no stench of backstabbing whore on his dick. I checked." Stacey sneered. I stifled a laugh because she said dick.

"I'm truly sorry." Genevieve said again.

Stacey looked like she was just gonna laugh in her face and strut her hot ass into the sunset. "I'm to busy not giving a fuck to care." She laughed. Genevieve looked somewhat hurt and looked down at Staceys arm a pitiful look arriving on her face.