Chapter 27

(Michael's POV)

I watched in slow motion as the knife entered her body. She didn't move. She let out a gasp but that was it.

"ALEX!" I screamed and ran toward her. Alex fell away from Adelphi. Adelphi laughing hysterically fell to the ground. Troy rushed to her. I held Alex close to me.

"Someone get a doctor!!" Daniel screamed.

"No..." I heard her soft voice. I looked down and into her silver eyes. "Please don't..." she said.

"But..."

"It's time Jasper. I've done what I set out to do. This was always the plan..." she whispered.

I looked over toward Troy and Adelphi. He was crying and holding her in his arms. She was dead.

"I can... I can go home now."

"You are home... with all of us, you can choose to stay... with us. With Jessie, Margo, Daniel, Josh, and me... you can stay with me." I looked at her beautiful eyes. They were filling up with tears.

"Oh Jasper... it's not that simple." She was shivering by now. No! There was so much I never got to say to her... It was so much.

"Please Alex I can't do this with out you. I love you... so much"

"I love you too..."

"Don't die on me"

"Oh but to die... would be an awfully big adventure." She said with a slight smile.

-----------
(Alexandra's POV)

"Oh but to die... would be an awfully big adventure." I said to him with a slight smile. The pain! It hurt so much. I looked into his beautiful eyes. A light was appearing in my vision. It looked so... warm. I was so cold.

"I'm cold...please hold me." I felt him tighten his grip around me. "Just until the pain stops."

"Of course..."I looked at him. I remembered so much. There were some lifetimes that I never found him. But there were others that we did find each other. We were happiest in those lives.

The light grew bigger and brighter and warmer. I felt the warmth on my face. How nice it is. The pain was slowly leaving. I couldn't feel Jasper's arms anymore. I looked down and saw him holding my body. I was still breathing but barely. I looked over at Troy and Adelphi. Adelphi was dead. Her body lay still as he sobbed over her corpse.

I looked toward the light. The big beautiful light. A figure walked out of it. Artemis.

She smiled warmly at me. She was as beautiful as I remembered. With her moonbeam hair, and bright blue eyes.

"You did it." She whispered to me. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I did it."

"You can come home now. You can forget if you'd like."

"I don't want to forget. I want to remember him, I want to be with him..."

"Don't worry Alex. He'll be home soon." She said kindly toward me.

"I wish... I had said goodbye."