being yourself

dear elieen,

there are many things i remember about you—everything, actually. i remember everything. and i remember how you never looked people in the eye when they talked to you. the way you ducked your head when you walked into a room. the way you hid your smile with your hand and seemed scared to let me hold your hand. and i never understood it, because you were so stunning. you had the prettiest smile and eyes and you were so kind. and i wanted so badly to hold your hand. you were scared of what people would say about you and you were scared of letting people in. that's why it took me so long to convince you that i was in love with you.

i never understood why you were self conscious until i heard the whispers. and i can tell you now that it doesn't matter what they say. i know it seems like it and sometimes it hurts so damn badly. but those people will fade away and their judgments along with them. because in the end, it's the kind who persevere and i've never met someone as kind as you.

i know you may hate me and i know that there's no way for me to make the whispers go away, but i hope you believe me when i say that i want to be the person who helps you. i want you to need me because even though i make it seem as though i'm strong, i need you. so much.

and how could we hear the judgments over us making out?

sorry.

love,
hunter.