you're human tonight

Young God - Halsey

Young God - Halsey

Written: November 2016

He says "Oh, baby girl, don't get cut on my edges. I'm the king of everything and my tongue is a weapon."

-

How could an angel break a heart?

Fooled by his wings, she thought he was her savior. She believed he could take away the bad thoughts swimming around in her mind.

At least, that's what he promised her. But she knew from the first time his lips touched hers, that he would break that promise.

She didn't realize it then, too taken by his beauty, that he was only there to break her down, to ruin her even more.

Every night he promised her he would fix her, make her a little more like him. But once he was finished with her, he would remind her that she was only a human, nothing more. Not a beautiful creature like he was.

She was jealous of him, jealous of his beauty, jealous that he was only there to cause more damage. 

All he did was feed off of others emotions, always above them like a god, never knowing what it was like to be beaten down so badly that it was impossible to get back up.

She hated him for that.

So, she took his wings. 

Now all he could do was suffer on the ground, his feet dirtied, down on his knees. 

Right next to her.