Chapter 10: Day 9

Mark POV

When he woke the next morning, Jack wasn't in bed, or in the room. Mark almost panicked, his fingers twisting in the bed sheets as he bolted upright.

“Jack?!” He called out. The door opened, and a shirtless Jack stepping through while towel drying his hair. His blue eyes were warm when they met his.

“Yeah? I woke up early and went to take a shower. Didn't mean to scare you,” Jack murmured, padding over and crawling up onto the bed with him. Mark wrapped his arms around his shoulders, pulling him close and burying his nose in his damp hair. Though he wouldn't admit it out loud, he was still afraid that everything up till this point had been a dream. Waking up without the Irishman in his arms had almost given him a heart attack. Jack hummed in his chest, holding him back. It took him a few moments before he could pull away to state down at the Irishman’s face.

“Did last night really happen?” Mark asked quietly, lifting one hand to drag it across Jack’s cheek. He both saw and felt him smile.

“Yes,” he whispered, “it did.” Jack leaned closer to press a soft kiss against his lips before hopping up. “And as good as you look naked, get dressed. We're going out to breakfast with Felix and the Grumps in a little bit. I'll have coffee ready for you.” His boyfriend blew him a kiss before slipping out the door.

Mark blinked after him before chuckling and slipping out of bed. He pulled on jeans, but when he raised his arms to pull on his shirt, his back stung. Confused, he turned to face the mirror and craned his head around, trying to find the source of his discomfort. Scratches, long and short alike, crisscrossed his back in an obscure pattern. Instead of being angry, he smiled, studying the marks for a few moments longer before putting on his shirt.

Just as promised, Jack held a cup of steaming coffee from the doorway of the kitchen. More awake now, he was able to notice the dark splotches that decorated his boyfriend's neck, shoulders, chest, even his stomach. He blushed as he gratefully took the cup, embarrassed.

“Sorry for...the marks,” he said quietly, avoiding Jack's eyes. The smaller man blinked.

“What marks?” Mark gestured towards all of his torso, sipping at his cup. Jack glanced down, his eyes softening. He stepped forward, slipping one arms around Mark's waist.

“Don't feel bad. I love them. A physical reminder that I'm yours.” Explained that way, he didn't feel bad about them at all. He pulled away, facing away from Jack and lifting his shirt with one hand. Fingers brushed gently against his back as the smaller man gasped.

“I didn't know I scratched that hard,” he murmured, smiling sheepishly as Mark turned. He set his coffee on the shelf beside him, reaching forward to pull Jack in against his chest; he rested his cheek on top of the Irishman's head as he swayed slowly back and forth.

“I take them as a compliment of my sexual prowess,” he said, smiling when Jack chuckled. His boyfriend pulled away gently, kissing his jaw.

“I'm gonna go finish getting dressed. Drink your coffee, we're leaving real soon.”

“Where are we going?” Mark asked, grabbing his coffee as he headed towards the living room.

“Denny's.”

*Time Skip*

Jack POV

“So based on the fact that you're wearing a scarf, you guys slept together last night I take it?” Felix asked, making Jack nearly spit out his coffee. Next to him, Mark grinned smugly, staring down at his plate and peeking over at him. Once he managed to take a breath, he glared at Felix, considering throwing his drink on him.