Chapter 12: Day 11

Mark POV

"Jack, come on, I wanted to stop at Starbucks before we go to the rink!" He hollered up the stairs, swinging his skates over his shoulder. His black and gray scarf swung into his eyes, nearly pulling his glasses off before he stood with a growl.

"Alright, alright," Jack said, skipping down the stairs while pulling a jacket on, "I was putting on new bandages, relax." His green hair was only slightly visible from beneath his snapback, and it looked absolutely adorable. Blue eyes sparkled as his smaller boyfriend nervously skipped to his side, pressing a gentle kiss against his cheek. Mark wrapped his arms around him gently, nuzzling his nose against his hair.

"Don't be nervous baby boy, skating isn't that dangerous," he said, pulling away to grab Jack's skates. When he held them out, the Irishman took them and cradled them against his chest, smiling sheepishly. He followed Mark as he hurried out to his car, anxious to get to the rink. As soon as they were settled and on their way, he reached over and placed a comforting hand on Jack's thigh, rubbing gently with his thumb.

"So where is this rink?" Jack asked, placing his hand over Marks.

"It's down south a bit, over nearly Felix's place. I don't know where exactly," he said, turning onto the highway.

"Oh OK," his boyfriend murmured, staring out the window.

"We can record a video, show everyone that you're okay, if you'd like. Everyone knows what happened by now." Jack's shoulders slumped, and his eyes were sad when he glanced over at Mark.

"Why did I do that? Why would I have risked everything over some stupid lie?" He could hear the pain in the Irishman's voice, and when he shifted his hand to cradle his cheek, he felt tears.

"Sean, don't blame yourself for this. It happened, yes, but it isn't going to happen again. I love you, and I wasn't there once, but that is never happened again." Drifting to a stop at a red light, Mark turned in his seat, cradling Jack's face between his palms. "Move in with me. Don't go back to Ireland, stay here in America with me."

"Do...do you mean it?" The slight waver made his heart throb painfully hard as he nodded eagerly. Jack's eyes were so blue in that moment, so bright, a color he couldn't name though it was now his favorite color.

"Yes I mean it." A few fresh tears dropped onto his hands. Jack jumped forward, his thin arms locking around Mark's shoulders. He buried his nose in his green hair as he fought back his own hair tears.

"Yes, I'll move in with you," his boyfriend whispered, leaning back to peer up at him with bright eyes. Mark smiled back, sliding one hand around the back of his neck add he leaned down to kiss him. A horn sounded behind them, making them jump. The light had turned green.

"Rain check?" He asked with a smirk, leaning back and continuing his drive. Jack huffed, smiling even as Mark places his hand back on his thigh.

"Duh."

*Time Skip*

Jack POV

Jack swallowed thickly as they pulled up to the small rink, trying to calm the reaching of his heart. Why had he agreed to do this? He couldn't skate, he had terrible balance. Even his elation of moving in with Mark couldn't calm him.

"Breath baby," Mark said, squeezing his leg before sliding grin the car and grabbing their skates. He suggested his gray scarf and stepped out into the cold air with a shiver.

"We live in fucking L.A.," Felix said, jogging up with his shoulders hunched together, "so why the fuck is it so damn cold?" Marzia stepped up to his side, wrapping her arm through her boyfriend's. Jack nearly jumped out of his skin when Mark pressed a kiss against his half hidden ear.