Chapter 5: Day 4

Jack POV

"Wakey wakey, eggs n bakey!" Jack was woken up to Mark's crooning voice and the smell of freshly made pancakes. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he pushed himself up to lean back against the headboard. Mark had one knee leaning against the bed, holding a tray with a tall stack of fluffy pancakes on it. "Come on sleepy head wake up!"

"What's up? What's this?" He asked as Mark placed the tray on his lap. The sweet smell of coffee hit him, waking him enough to reach for the cup of coffee.

"Breakfast in bed, duh!" Mark said, sitting gently on the edge of the bed near Jack's legs. "I didn't get to make dinner last night, so I made breakfast instead."

Jack sipped at his coffee, letting it wake him up a bit more before he finally lifted his eyes to meet Mark's. They were warm and melting, no hint of embarrassment or shame anywhere on his face. Maybe Jack was right, maybe he didn't regret what almost happened last night. He smiled, reaching up to run a hand through his dirty hair.

"Thank you. You really didn't have to do this," he said, reaching for a fork. Mark shrugged, sipping his coffee. He got up, walked around the other side of the bed, and crawled over to sit next to him. With his stomach growling, he dug into his breakfast, making sure to eat every bite. Mark scrolled through his news feed, sipping at his coffee with a smile on his face.

"So I told the guys we would go record with em for a while, maybe go to dinner. That sound okay with you?" Mark asked, nudging Jack with his elbow. The Irishman grinned over at him, poking his arm.

"Sounds good to me." He slipped out of bed, placing the tray on the empty desk near the door. When he turned around, Mark's face was as red as a tomato, and he was staring down at his coffee. Glancing down, he realize that he was only wearing his boxers, and that they showed quite a bit...including his erection. Swallowing thickly, he reacted down and grabbed his pjs, pulling them on. The tension in the room could be cut with a knife. "I'm gonna go take a shower." Mark nodded, peeking up at him carefully.

Jack grabbed some clothes blindly, prepared to slip out of the room and save himself anymore possible embarrassment. However, he stopped with his hand on the knob.

Mark POV

He glanced up when Jack froze, studying the length of his bare back and its curve of muscle. His cheeks were still warm from seeing Jack's very obvious excitement, but he still studies the younger man openly, even as he turned around. His bundle of clothes was placed strategically so as to cover himself.

"Thank you for last night," he said, lifting his eyes to meet Mark's. "That meant a lot. I know they're our friends but I just...I don't want them to worry about me." His eyes watered a bit, but he quickly wiped at them and slipped out of the room. Mark groaned, laying his head back against the headboard. He considered staying there and surprising Jack when he came back, but quickly decided against it. When he stood, he happened to glance down, and groaned again. Thanks to Jack, he was tenting the material of his own pajama bottoms; his cheeks warmed at the thought of Jack walking in and seeing him.

"What am I going to do with you?" He growled furiously, shifting himself and hurrying to his room. He allowed himself a few deep breaths before pulling on a black shirt and light jeans, swiping up his converses and hurrying downstairs. Just as he slipped into the kitchen to grab a drink, his phone buzzed.

F: You coming over soon?

M: In an hour or so.

F: Gotta take the time for a quick bang right? ;)

M: NO!!