Stranger Danger

'I noticed that you like the word, "Ahh" too much. Is that the first word that you utter when you were a kid?'

I gave him a confusing look.

' Fine. I'm sorry if I startled you. I have no intention of scaring you or anything. It's 6pm and you're new in town. I want to make sure you'll go home safe. I want to walk you home because you don't want me to drive you back to your place.'

I opened my mouth but I was not successful even to utter a single word in response. By that, he took it as a confirmation that I am allowing him to walk me home. He grabbed my hand and tucked it on his left arm and we started walking. I admit, it's flattering that he is doing all kinds of effort just to be friends with me.

I can feel my face burning just the thought of him being so sweet towards me. I think I'm blushing!
Good thing it's already dark and he can't see my face.

'...that used to be a park. That's my favorite place in town since I was a kid. Until it was torn down and was turned into an art gallery.'

He really can't stop talking!

'...the town Mayor by that time was mean. I don't like him. Good thing, he got suspended.'

My phone vibrated again. I checked my watch and it's already 6:15 pm. I want to check who's calling but I can't.

'...that's like the saddest thing ever. So....since you are new in our town, I want to show you around by tomorrow. Mmkay?'

'No.'

'What, no?'
'My parents said that I should not talk to strangers...'

'But you know my name. I'm Lawrence. Lawrence Schubert. 20 years old. Single and I'm working as a part time model.'

'Still...'
'I'm residing at Block 18, Blue St., Rose Town.'
'Uhmmm... I can't and I won't.'

'Hey, I already told you my basic information even my address. I'm a no "Stranger Danger" person. Good Lord! I'm harmless.'

'I won't. Mommy told me to never trust a stranger.'

'Really? And here you are, holding my arm. I'm no criminal, Ah-Ah-Amber. Trust me.'

I did not respond. My phone keeps on vibrating. I need to check my phone once I got home.

It was the most excruciating 10 minutes of my life. Lawrence just won't stop talking! Whyy???

The moment I stopped right in front of our gate, he looked at me smiling. I think he was waiting for my 'thank you'.

'So.... This is your place. Did not see that coming.'

'Yes.'

'I see.'

'I have to get inside. Bye.'

'Wait. Wait.'

'Yes?'

'This is actually the part where you'll have to say 'Thank you, Lawrence  for walking me home.' Like, you know... basic courtesy.'

'Okay. Thanks.'

After that, I did not wait for him to respond and immediately opened the gate. Why is he soooooo annoying?

When I got inside our new home, my parents managed to unload and unpacked every single items that we have brought from our old place. They managed to arranged it as well with the help of our two helpers.

'Mom! Dad! I'm hoomeeee!'

Just that and I immediately headed towards my room. I slammed my body on my bed and did not even try to unzip my jacket.