Confession

It has been few weeks since the first day of school in Rose Town Community College. Lawrence and I got closer as the time passed by. We unknowingly formed a circle of friends at school that merely consists of my close friends. We hang out together, eat lunch together and even goes to the library together.

Everything seems perfect until one weekend Lawrence wants to drive from Rose Town to Pearl Ocean and that's a 3 hour drive!

'Lawrence listen... I really can't go. You have to understand that my parents won't let me.'

'Baby, this is just one weekend. One night away from your folks.'

'No. I can't lie and...and...they will be upset with me. I don't wanna risk that...'

'I'll ask your parents myself. Just be with me... Please? I need you to be there...'

With a sigh, I nodded. How can I say no to the guy I'm secretly in love with?

Weekend came and I'm so happy that I am with him. We went to the nearest beach and rented a private room that's just for us.

We spent the entire day swimming, taking pictures and most especially walking along the shore after dusk. I'm so happy that she talked to my folks about this getaway. I just need some time alone with him. I want to tell him that I love him. Yes, I will tell him today. Today will be the day.

'Babe?'

I looked to my left shoulder and saw Lawrence staring back at me. He's smiling and I gave him a smirk. He pinched my nose in response.

'Ouch!' I cried and quietly touched my nose.

'Amber...'

'Something wrong? You looked so serious.'

'Amber... I know that we have known each other for a short period of time and you know that I have nothing but fondness of you...'

I gave him a confusing look but he looked away and stared at the beach. We are sitting at the far end of the shore now, sand under our toes and him holding my hand tightly. If you would give us a look, we seemed like a hopeless romantic young newlyweds.

Newlyweds. Lawrence and I on our wedding. Friends and family gathered around and me walking down the isle wearing a white wedding ball gown. Just like the traditional wedding gown is and him, waiting for me at the altar with teary eyes. Ohh, what a wonderful scene it would be.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the handsome guy beside me. He's not talking anymore and seems like he too is lost with his thoughts. I stared at him before he realized that I'm a total creep drooling on his handsome face.

He sighed and looked at me. He caught me staring at him and he held my hand and kiss it.

'Uh... why are you talking like this, Lawrence?'

'Nothing. I just want you to know that I trust you with all my heart and I care about you...'

' Hahaha. You're weird today, you know that...'

'Well, you are the only person that I can be comfortable exposing the real me... No, uh... no, expectations. You'd see me as the real me. You find me a normal guy and would just treat me the same way you treat everybody else...'

'Hey, you know that I hate pretentious people and I'm glad that you feel that way about me. You know I never liked you until we became close.'

'Hahahaha. I remember. You are one snob new girl in our town.'

He looked at me again with endearing eyes and smiled.

'Why are you acting this way? It seems like you're dying. Hahahaha'