3

"The grocery list is on the counter Harry. I'll see you after 7:00 when I get off alright?" mom said as she walked to the front door.

"Yeah mom. I got you." I said.

"Alright, love you."

"Love you ma."

She smiled and then left.

"Well Opal." I said to my daughter who was laying on a blanket that was placed on the floor. "Ready to get dressed princess?" I asked as I picked her up and cradled her into my arms.

She just blinked up at me, so I smiled back at her.

I walked to our bedroom after that and then placed her onto my queen sized bed.

"What do you feel like wearing?" I asked turning to her.

She just blinked up at me again.

"That's right, you can't talk." I sighed and then turned back to her shelves that she has for her outfits. "Well then I guess I'll go with orange since it's Halloween." I said and pulled down jeans, an orange shirt with a little bat on it, orange socks, sneakers, and an orange beanie.

I then got Opal out of her pj's, changed her diaper, and then got her into her outfit for the day.

She looked absolutely adorable.

"Alright baby girl, let's get you into the car shall we?" I then said and started walking us to the car.

I then placed her into her car seat (that mom still had from when I was a baby), buckled her up, shut the door, and then got settled into the drivers seat.

I turned on the radio and then backed up out of my drive way. I then headed to the store.

As I drove I kept my eye on Opal to see if she was alright, and she was.

Once we got to the store I parked, got Opal out into a cart, and then made my way inside the store.

"Well Opal let's go get you some more diapers." I spoke to my daughter as I walked us to that isle.

I got her diapers but then I also got her more food and things.

"You want more formula?" I asked and didn't hear a noise so I took it as a yes.

I asked about a few other things and didn't hear any noises so I took those for yes' too.

"Oh you're so easy to shop for." I spoke as I pushed the cart. "Please stay like that. Most girls are so annoying with that shit-" I paused and back tracked. "-crap. I meant crap."

After that I walked around the store and got all the items my mom needed which were all useless to me.

As I walked to check out, we walked passed the toy isle and I saw Opal's eyes light up when she spotted a little stuffed cat.

I didn't pay much attention to it and kept walking, but then Opal started to whine.

I backed up back to where the cat was and she stopped.

I then walked again and she begin to whine again so then I walked back to the cat.

"You like that?" I asked picking it up.

Opal's eyes got wider.

I smiled at her and placed the little stuffed cat into her tiny arms.

She squeezed it and started to suck her thumb.

I then made my way to check out.

I then checked out and then put everything away in the car once I got back out to the parking lot.