Old Friends (Part 1) - Jeffrey

Pairing: Jeffrey x Reader

Warning: lots of fluff!

Summary: You and your best friend Jeffrey hadn't spent much time together for a while as you were both successful actors and had your own things going on. One night you get a message from Jeffrey that causes everything you thought you held true about him—and he held true about you—to be put into question. Including his pending marriage.

(This part is kind of long, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyways❤️)

I was sitting on my bed, watching some T.V. when my phone started ringing. I looked over at it vibrating on my nightstand to check the name, but it said it was an unknown number. Hesitantly, I answered the phone, expecting some fan to have found my number or some phone service asking if I'd like to upgrade my plan.

"Hello?" I said slowly.

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I couldn't quite pin point who the voice belonged to, so I said, "Yes, who's this?"

"It's Jeffrey."

"Jeffrey!?" I repeated excitedly. Jeffrey had been a good friend of mine ever since we starred in Grey's Anatomy together. We were as thick as thieves back then. You'd always catch us hanging out on set, talking about inside jokes and how the world seemed so different compared to when we were younger. I remember when we'd go out after work to grab a bite to eat and just talk for hours on end, never losing interest.

I missed him.

"You don't know how good it feels to hear your voice again," I laughed as a smile spread across my face.

I heard Jeffrey chuckle on the other end as he said, "I missed you too. Listen, I know that we've been kind of distant lately, and I'm really sorry about that. I've just been doing a lot of filming recently, so it's been really hard for me to get some time off."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me Jeffrey, I completely understand. I've been really busy too. I'm the one that should be sorry," I said, my smile fading.

"I called because I wanted to ask if you'd like to have dinner with me sometime, so we can catch up," Jeffrey asked politely. I couldn't help but smile.

"I would love to," I said excitedly.

"How about tomorrow, I come and pick you up at around 8 or so?" Jeffrey asked, I could tell he was just as excited as I was.

"Sure, that would be lovely Jeffrey," I said as the smile on my face became wider.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow then," he said.

"Bye, Jeffrey," I said sweetly.

"Bye, y/n," he said as we both hung up.

*The Next Day*

'What am I going to wear?' I thought to myself as I looked through my closet. I wanted to be myself, but at the same time, I had a compelling feeling inside of me that made me want to look the best I could. I sighed and turned around as I heard my phone vibrate. I checked it to see that I had gotten a message from Jeffrey:

 I checked it to see that I had gotten a message from Jeffrey: