Chapter 2 - Shocks and Heartache

"You can't stay in there forever," she heard Lucas yell from the other side of the door.

"I know," she yelled back but she didn't want to face him, he had stolen her first kiss, and she doesn't remember anything from the day before.

The last thing she remembers was walking out of the room and getting dizzy. Her school uniform was sitting on the counter folded neatly, she could tell that it was recently cleaned which meant that Lucas had washed it when they arrived at her place.

"Um Lucas, can you fill in the blanks in my head I can't remember anything from yesterday," she said as she took off her clothes and headed towards the shower.

"I will when you get out here okay, just finish up and we'll talk on the way to school."

Riley showered and washed her hair to get the smell of alcohol that had settled in the night before out. She picked up her clothes realizing that she would have to wear the same underwear she had on the day before, 'Ew,' she thought to herself but it was a necessity since she wasn't going to go to school with her butt up in the air. Once she was finished she noticed a toothbrush on the counter, he must have left it for her. It was sweet of him since she didn't know how to brush her teeth and she was a neat freak about certain things. Once she was decent she opened the door and faced him head on but he wasn't in the bedroom.

"I'm over here, let's go we can grab some food on the way," he said as she joined him in the living room.

"Where are your parents?" she asked.

"I live alone," he replied without explanation. She wanted to ask more but instead she walked outside. "You're not wearing your glasses?" he questioned.

"They're just for show, I don't really need them. I haven't needed them since I was in elementary school but I wear them as a shield, although it never works," she said wondering why she was giving him so much information about herself, instead of saying anything else she put on her glasses and walked towards the nearby bus stop.

"We have to take my bike, we would never make it in time if we took the bus," he pulled on her arm towards a nearby parking lot.

Her eyes went wide when she saw his bike, it wasn't a bicycle it was a motorcycle something she would never ride, something she was afraid of but he was right they wouldn't make it to school in time because their schools weren't in the same area.

"Here," he handed her a helmet and put his on his head. "Remember to hold on as tight as you can, I don't normally ride with another person so I don't want you falling off."

She nodded too scared to say anything, she got on his bike right after him and put her arms around his waist. His scent calmed her for some reason, it felt familiar and comforting even though they had only met just recently.

"You still haven't told me what happened last night," she said as he started the bike.

"I will if you meet me after school today," he said but she didn't want to. She knew Missy was after him and if she showed any interest in him Missy would probably tear her to pieces.

"I can't I have to study today," she said.

"Liar, you just don't want to meet up with me."

As he drove she squeezed his stomach inhaling his scent because she knew that this was as close as she would ever get to being with him. Even though she didn't consider Missy her friend she knew better than to go against her. Missy destroys girls who get in her way and she didn't want that on her conscience. He dropped her off a block from the school and said his goodbyes before racing off to his own school. He was still a mystery to her but she couldn't solve it, she wouldn't try she was saying her goodbyes for good.