Chapter 5 - Together

The rain didn't stop but Lucas was there to take her home after what had happened with Missy. Riley didn't like to skip classes but she didn't have any dry clothes so with his jacket over her shoulders they walked to her dorm, neither one of them talking. When they reached the dorm Riley stopped walking and just stared at the building she had called home for the last two years. She didn't know what to say to him all she could do was stand there.

"So you live here," he said looking at the dorm.

"Yeah... um," she stuttered while looking at him. "Here's your jacket... um I would wash it for you but... um," she didn't know why she was so nervous.

"Riley don't worry, it's already raining so it doesn't matter, so um... I'll call you later I guess," he said before he turned to walk away. She just stood there, she didn't want him to leave at all, they had just started being honest and if they stopped she didn't know what would happen.

"Lucas," she said out loud. "Um, do you want to come in and dry yourself off, I can get us something to drink?" her hands were shaking while she said it, she was nervous and she knew it but she didn't know why.

He turned around and smiled at her, "Sure Riley," he said before walking back towards her.

Riley looked inside to see if the dorm mother was at her desk, she made sure that none of the students brought people over that weren't supposed to be there. The woman wasn't at her desk which meant she was in the back watching her shows. Riley motioned Lucas to follow her inside walking slowly as they passed the office door before she grabbed his arm and started running towards her room. She was one of the only students who lived on the first floor, everyone usually got one of the upper dorms because it was easier to sneak in through the balconies, Riley's room had a balcony but it had a gate with a window opening that could only be unlocked from the inside, since she never uses it she left the key to open it from the outside in her drawer.

"So this is your room?" he asked looking around at the purple walls before walking towards the small couch she had in the corner. "This place is bigger than I expected."

Riley was only thinking about how he would think that she was trying to seduce him because she invited him into her personal space, she never had anyone over not even Missy who was her supposed friend. She didn't know what to say so she walked towards her closet and grabbed a fluffy white towel and gave it to him.

"I always thought dorms were small and everyone had to share a bathroom," he said but she didn't know how to respond. Instead she turned around and looked to see if she had left anything embarrassing on the floor of her room. Suddenly Lucas's arms were wrapped around her, she tried to push him off but he pulled her close and put the towel over her head.

"Sorry I just didn't want you to get sick," he said as he started to dry her hair.

"No I should say sorry... it's just that you're the first person that I've ever let in here and I didn't know what to do. Um... and to answer your question, most of the dorms here have their own bathroom, but everyone else usually has a roommate, the reason I don't have one is because most people don't get the first floor rooms, they don't like that it's so close to the advisors but since this is the quiet floor, I took it because no one bothers me down here," she said before she realized that she was babbling, as she turned around she noticed that he had taken off his shirt and she came face to face with a bare chested Lucas. "Why... why... why are you taking off your shirt?"

He started to take off his belt but stopped when she kept stuttering in front of him, "I'm kidding Riley, I just wanted my shirt to dry before I go home."