Hell

"I know you feel it too."
___________________________

"COME ON WALZ WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

"I'LL BE DOWN IN A SECOND, I JUST NEED TO FIND MY SHOES!" I shouted to Dinah as I looked under my bed for my Converse.

"Dude, I know it's your birthday, but that doesn't mean I won't kick your ass if you make us late. You know I wanna be in the front row, and I will go without you if it means finding the perfect spot, so be in the jeep by 9:30 or I'm leaving you behind." She said peaking half her body from behind my bedroom door. "By the way, your shoes are downstairs by the couch, dumbass!" She shouted as she walked downstairs.

"You couldn't have told me earlier?! I was going crazy! For a second I thought I would have to wear my Vans!" I said dramatically as I ran after her. "And you can't leave me behind, DJ. You don't even know which pedal is the brake."

"Shut up before you get a Poly Beatdown." She said walking out the front door.

"Shut up before yo- oh shit OKAY I'M GOING, DAMN!" I said dodging one of her sneakers and quickly picking it up to run out the door before we were actually late to whatever show Dinah was dragging me out to tonight.
___________________________

"Lauren, it's almost show time! You need to get your ass out there now."

"I'm going Mani, I just can't find one of my shoes. Could you help me?" I asked making a puppy face.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and pointed at my boot sitting a few feet from me in a corner of the small dressing room. "Put it on and let's go, it'd be nice if you actually started your set on time for once."

"Geez, no need for that tone." I muttered as I hopped out of the room trying to get my shoe on in the process.
___________________________

"Aren't you glad you have me to help you push your way to the front? There's no way in hell you would make it out of the back row." Dinah said, a bit out of breath and tiny beads of sweat sitting on her forehead.

"Umm, yeah sure, whatever you say." I said looking at the stage, not paying attention to a word the girl was saying as I tried figuring out who's show she had dragged me out to this time.

You see, Dinah is my best friend and I love her.. but she has a habit of taking me to every concert in our city. Sure, it's great discovering new music and getting out almost every weekend, but my friend here doesn't bother searching the artist beforehand. So we can say we've had our fair share of terrible experiences.

"Don't worry Mila, I promise this is a good one. I've heard a couple of their songs and they're pretty good. You'll definitely like them." She said with a slight smirk.

I'm about to ask her what she means but the small venue goes completely dark and the crowd starts cheering. The stage lights slowly come back up and I see the band going on stage and grabbing their instruments. I notice there's no one by the mic stand so I look over to the side of the stage wondering where they are.

My attention is brought back to the band as they begin playing the first song. I then notice a large banner in the back that said 'Willamette Stone' in large white font. Then suddenly a girl runs on stage and the crowd immediately looses their shit.

I chuckle to myself when she almost trips over her untied shoes but I'm immediately stunned when she begins to sing. The vocals for this song weren't flashy but the rasp in her voice made my head spin.

"No, I'm not ready for a big bad step in their direction.
No, I'm not ready for downtown trash, avoid collection.
Four blocks, run and hide, don't walk alone at night.
Cityscape, city change before they die.
Four blocks, I should mention in a song if I want to get along with change,
Who doesn't wanna change this?