On Directing

"Go steady with me"
___________________________

"Camz, that was amazing!" Lauren exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the younger girl as soon as they got backstage. "I didn't know you wrote! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I only wrote this song last week." She said in a shy voice, entering the other girl's dressing room. "After our talk, I did a lot of thinking and it kinda just came to me."

Lauren sat on the couch, smiling up at Camila. "Well it was really good, I can't believe it 'just came to you'."

"Yeah," she started, straddling the green eyed girl's lap, "I guess I just needed the right inspiration." She said, quoting Lauren, causing her to smile like an idiot then capture the brunette's lips with her own.
___________________________

Lolo 💚😍
Hey babe, you free tonight? 😘

Camzi 🍑🔥😏❤️
Oh so I'm your babe now? 😏
And yes I'm free, were you planning on doing something?

Lolo 💚😍
You will be soon 😉

Lolo 💚😍
More like doing someone 😏

Camzi 🍑🔥😏❤️
Don't get ahead of yourself, "babe" 😘

Lolo 💚😍
Be ready in an hour, dress comfortably

Camzi 🍑🔥😏❤️
See you soon ❤️
___________________________

Two hours had gone by and Camila was sitting on a blanket on the beach, watching Lauren struggle to get a fire going. After Lauren picked the younger girl up, they went out to a very fancy dinner at Wendy's, then bought ice cream and fries for the ride to the beach.

"Finally!!" Lauren exclaimed and sat down, taking a fry out of Camila's hand.

"Hey!" She yelled, reaching to take it back but Lauren quickly put it in her mouth.

"Hey." She said with a smug smile, then kissed the younger girls cheek, which resulted in her being pushed away. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"You took my fry." Camila said, crossing her arms and pouting like a child. Lauren couldn't help laughing at her cute antics, making Camila pout even more. "Stop laughing at me, it's not funny."

"I'm sorry baby, here, there's plenty of fries left." Lauren replied between giggles, handing Camila the almost full container of fries.

"I don't want them anymore," she said pushing them back to Lauren, then crossing her arms again, "and don't call me that, I'm mad at you."

Lauren sighed then reached for another fry, but Camila quickly snatched it out of her hand and ate it. "Hey!"

"Shut up." Camila quickly replied, still visibly upset about her fries.

"Okay, I'm sorry Camz, can I please have some fries?" Lauren asked, turning toward the brown eyed girl, trying to stay as serious as possible.

"No, leave me alone." Is all she got out of her for the next 5 minutes.

Lauren was actually starting to go crazy, not knowing how to get the girl's attention, when she suddenly remembered the purpose of the date. She grabbed her guitar and turned to Camila, starting to play some chords. "Hey Camz, guess what?" She unsurprisingly got no response, so she continued. "I wrote you a song." That seemed to interest the girl, who turned her head, pout still there. "You wanna hear it?" Camila slightly nodded and Lauren took it as a great sign, clearing her throat, ready to start.

"You're directing me,
your eyes focus like a microscope.
Get the cuts you need,
eyes focus like a microscope.

Go steady with me,"

Camila quickly turns her head towards Lauren with a confused look on her face, and Lauren smiles back at her.

"I know it turns you off when I-
I get talking like a teen.

You're directing me
You're dressed up I lose my grip, my focus.
Make those eyes at me,
I lose my grip, I lose my focus."

Camila rolls her eyes, now smiling at the last bit of lyrics.

"Go steady with me,
I know it turns you off when I-
I get talking like a teen.
I get talking like a teen."

Lauren looks at her with sincere eyes and all Camila can do is bite her lip to try (and fail) to hide her smile.

"Go steady with me,
I know it turns you off when I-
I get talking like a teen.

You're directing me,
your eyes focus like a microscope.
Get the cuts you need,
eyes focus like a microscope.

You're directing me
You're dressed up I lose my grip, my focus.
Make those eyes at me,
I lose my grip, I lose my focus.

Go steady with me,
I know it turns you off when I-
I get talking like a teen.
I get talking like a teen."

When Lauren finishes, Camila turn her body toward the older girl, and watches her blush a bit before speaking up. "Lauren Jauregui, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to ask me out." She said in an almost teasing tone.

"We're already out, Camz, we're at the beach, remember?" Lauren said with a smile and Camila was not impressed.

"Cut the crap, Jauregui, you know what I mean." She said, rolling her eyes a bit, trying not to smile.

Lauren laughs softly, then puts her guitar down and grabs Camila's hands in hers. "I know we already look like a real couple, and everyone thinks we're together, but I'm actually really nervous about this so before I start rambling like an idiot, I'm just gonna spit it out and not embarrass myself."

"Too late." Camila said with a chuckle and it actually helped Lauren relax.

"Okay, here goes." She sat up straight and cleared her throat. "Camila, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes" Camila replied, not missing a beat.

"Wait, what?" Lauren asked, not sure if she actually said yes or it was in her head.

"Yes Lauren, I'll be your girlfriend." She answered again, this time with a laugh.

"Really? Oh, thank God." Lauren said, releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Camila laughed a bit harder now and pulled Lauren. "Are you gonna kiss me now or-" she was quickly interrupted by the other girl's lips crashing against hers.

They kissed by the fire for a few moments before pulling away for air. "I can't believe you're my girlfriend now." Lauren said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Believe it, babe." Camila said, biting her lip seductively. Lauren couldn't help herself when she leaned in to kiss the younger girl again, but was only met by a handful of fries.

"HEY!!" She yelled at a now sprinting Camila.

"That's what you get for being a butt!" She yelled, laughing and running as fast as she could as Lauren chased her towards the water.
____________________________

Hey, babes! I'm sorry this update took forever to go up, and that it's kinda short, but I had lost inspiration and kinda had writer's block. I actually finished this a while ago, just never posted cause I felt it sucked.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think/ what you'd like to see! Go ahead and vote if you liked it, and I'll be updating soon! (Hopefully..)