Be The One

"Oh baby come on, let me get to know you
Just another chance so that I can show
That I won't let you down"
____________________________

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Lauren asked Camila as they sat on her couch after Dinah and Normani dropped them off.

"I think you just did." Camila said, laughing at her own joke and moved closer to Lauren.

"Yeah, a different, more serious question." She said fidgeting in her seat.

"Must be really serious if you didn't laugh at my dumb joke." Camila turned her body so she'd be facing Lauren. "What's wrong, Lo?"

Lauren suddenly felt really nervous and blurted out her question before she could back out. "Are you embarrassed of people knowing you're into me?"

"Woah. Wait, what? Where is this coming from?" She asked, not really understanding what was going on.

"It's just that, you freaked when Dinah and Normani realized what happened between us an-"

"I'm sorry, I was just caught off guard and Dinah really knows how to get on my nerves." Camila quickly interrupted, "I don't care if they know."

"What about everyone else?" Lauren questioned, catching Camila by surprise once again.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked, even more confused.

"At the mall." Camila only stared at her blankly, completely oblivious to what Lauren was referring to. "When I held your hand, you kinda hesitated and it seemed like you wanted to let go for a second."

"That's only because I'm not used to the whole PDA thing." She quickly responded, "I didn't let go, Lo."

"Not until you saw Ashlee." Lauren's voice was so soft Camila barely heard the reply. She was about speak up when the green eyed girl continued talking. "As soon as you realized she was there, you pulled your hand out of mine faster than I could process anything."

"Well I had to say hi to-"

"And then you introduced me as one of your friends." Lauren was quick to interrupt. "I know we haven't talked about what we're doing, but I know we're not just friends, Camila."

Camila grabbed the girl's hands and let out a sigh. "Lauren, I promise I'm not ashamed to be seen with you or of people knowing I like you. I'm just so new to all of this and it's kind of scary, if I'm being completely honest. You can't tell me it wasn't scary for you when you started dating girls." Camila looked at her expectantly but she only stared down at their hands. The younger girl squeezed one of them, making Lauren look at her. "I know I'm really bad at this but I'm trying. I'm just asking you to understand and please be patient with me. It'll take me some time to embrace my inner dragon."

Lauren's face expressed nothing but pure confusion. "Your what?"

"Uh, dragon.. isn't that like the gay spirit animal?" Camila asked, knowing full well she was wrong but wanted to lighten the mood.

"Wrong mythical creature, Camz. It's actually a unicorn." Lauren laughed, making Camila smile like an idiot.

"Dragons are way cooler though!" Camila exclaimed, making Lauren laugh even harder. "Tell you what," she added when the laughter died down, "you can be the unicorn and I'll be the dragon."

"Deal." She quickly pulled Camila closer and kissed her, feeling overwhelmed by their entire conversation and the brown eyed girl's cute antics. "Don't worry Camzi, I'll be patient." She whispered.

"That's all I need." She whispered back, then her stomach made an inhuman sound, making the other girl giggle. "And maybe some pizza."
____________________________

Here's a quick filler chapter cause I keep going M.I.A. Don't worry, things are about to get good...
Might upload the next chapter today.. we'll see..

Have a great day!