Chapter 4 - '' I'm scared to get close''

I woke up the next morning at 12, that's a bit more decent for myself. I got dressed into the same shorts as yesterday and an All Time Low t-shirt. I realised that I didn't own any other t-shirts except band shirts...that's what I call a fashion statement.

I slipped on some black vans and headed out without any breakfast because I wasn't hungry. I figured my parents and May had gone swimming as they weren't around when I left my tent.

To not get my parents worried again, I went to the car to get some post-it notes and a pen to write them a note telling them where I am. I quickly wrote the note down in my messy handwriting.

To mum & dad

I have gone for a long walk,

I'll be back before 8 pm.

Love Maddy xx

I left right after writing the note and started walking down the dirt path to my pier. I walked past the swimming bank and saw my parents and May swimming around, their biggest smiles on their faces. I missed the times where I'd join in family activities, but then at the same time I loved being alone.

Looking down at my feet and deep in thought, I carried on down the dirt path. Once I had reached the bridge, I skipped across it, for some reason I felt extremely happy today. As I skipped, my dark, now wavy hair - from the plaits yesterday - bounced around me and tickled my ears.

I smiled. I couldn't believe I just had a real smile on my face. I felt like this was going to be a good day for me.

I was walking up to the small pier when I saw the brown haired boy sitting on my pier. I just stood there for a while feeling lost. Where would I go now to spend my whole day?

Then I realised that this could be my moment to get to know the mysterious teenager.

I was just about to walk up to him, when he swivelled around and was now facing me. I wasn't ready to face the boy, so I turned to the opposite direction and was about to start walking when someone caught my arm...