The picture under my pillow

CHAPTER ONE
The picture under my pillow

I was only three years old when my real parents died, along with my ten year old sister, Makaila. They died in a house fire while I was at my aunt's house.

That was eleven years ago.

I'm fourteen turning fifteen in less than four months. I'm in the tenth grade and I live with my adoptive parents, Julianne and Ryan Baxter. They adopted me when I was five years old. They have a son, who has been my bestfriend and brother for the past ten years. His name is Noah Baxter, he's sixteen and in the eleventh grade. He has messy black hair and grey eyes, he's fairly tall and he has a 3.5 grade average and he's also one of the best quarterbacks on our school's football team. My bestfriend Oli is the starquarter back. Oli's already been offered many scholarships, which none he has accepted yet.

I'm Sophi. My full name is Anna-Sophia Rosalie Cameron Anderson-Baxter. Yea, I know it's pretty long. My name is quite odd considering the fact that I have two first names, two middle names and two last names. Normally, somebody will have one first name and maybe one or two middle names, but nope, I got double the names.

Even though I have parents that love, care and support me, I still miss my birth parents. I often wonder about them and what my life would be like if they were still here. Thier names were Alexandrea-Cameron and Doug Anderson, they had two children, Makaila and I. When Julianne and Ryan adopted me, they hyphenated my last name and added thier's so I felt like i belonged.

I have a wooden chest at the end of my bed which holds a bunch of items that survived the house fire. I also keep an old family photo under my pillow. In the picture, Alexandrea has shoulder length curly red hair, freckles and beautiful blue eyes, she looks like she's on the short side of the height scale. She's pretty skinny, but she's a fit skinny. Doug has spiked black hair and emerald green eyes, he looks fairly tall and buff, he sort of looks like a boxer. Makaila looks really skinny, she appears that if I wear to hug her I would break every bone in her body. I think both Makaila and I took after our mom. We both had curly red hair, my hair is currently dyed blonde. Makaila has green eyes as where I have baby blue eyes that sometimes go green depending on my mood. I'm pretty skinny as well, when I was nine my teacher sent me to the in-school councillor because she thought I had developed an eating disorder. I am upset that she thought that, eating disorders are very serious and aren't healthy. I also understand that she was just looking out for me. I wonder if Makaila was ever accused of having an eating disorder.