Promise?

CHAPTER THREE

Promise?

We step outside and I pull the door shut. Noah briefly jogs to his black 2003 Ford F150, he got it for his birthday. He opens the passenger door for me and he walks around and gets in on the driver's side. We shut our doors at the same time.

"What a gentleman, opens the door for his own sister" I tease him

"Be quiet" Noah replies.

I stick my tongue out, he does the same. Once we both buckle up Noah throws the truck into drive. We drive for about fifteen minutes until we pull into Kristin's driveway. I climb over the center console and into the back seat so Kristin can sit with her boyfriend. Noah honks twice and Kristin comes running out of her house as I buckle my seatbelt up. The ringlets in her brown hair bounce as she runs the truck. She opens the passenger door, climbs insides the truck and shuts the door. She buckles up in the seat I occupied less than two minutes ago. Kristin turns around in her seat until her face is facing mine.

"Hey soph" Kristin says.

"Hi Kristin" I smile

Kristin turns back around in her seat. Noah puts the car in reverse and pulls out of her driveway. About an hour and a half listening to Noah and Kristin whisper, giggle and kiss, we finally arrive at school. I look out the backseat window, my friends not in sight. Great, I thought. Noah parks the truck and gets out. He runs around and opens the door for Kirstin. I follow Kristin out the truck door and Noah not so graciously shuts the door after me. I start walking through the school parking lot and into the building. I walk through the front doors and up the stairs to the second floor. I turn left and walk straight to my locker, not talking to anybody or making eye contact. I turn right around the second corner and see my friend Oliver standing at my locker. He looks towards me and we trade smiles. Oliver is the type of guy everybody wants to be around, all the girls want to date him, all the parents like him and all the guys want to be him. I approach my locker.

"Hey Oli" I greet

"Hey Beautiful" Oli replies

I smile and grab my lock. I spin the knob to the numbers of my combo, twenty one - three - five. My lock pops open, I take it off and open my locker. I grab my notebooks and put them in my bag. I look up at Oli only to realize that he has disappeared. Out of no where two arms wrap around my waist and a head rests on my shoulder. I turn my head and stare into Oli's royal blue eyes.

"You wanna go to the movies tonight?" Oli asks

"Sure" I reply

"Are you still coming to my game after school?"

"Of course, I'll never miss any of your games" I say

"Promise?" Oli asks

Just then one of Oli's friends hit him on the back.

"You coming dude?" his friend asks

"Yeah bud, one sec" Oli replies

"Promise." I smile

"Good" he kisses my cheek

"Bye" I say

"See ya later" he waves

I watch him walk away with a group of his friends. I shut my locker door and lock it back up. I take two steps and the bell rings.

"Five minutes to English" I say under my breath.