T E N

I wake up and Chris isn't by my side. I sit up and search around the room, like an idiot. I hear his quiet voice from the bathroom, on the phone.  

I can't help but eavesdrop, I hate myself.  "We can see each other soon... Yeah, definitely... I miss you, too... Okay, bye love you, too."  My heart race begins to increase, who the fuck was he talking to?

Watch it be his ex-girlfriend. I swear to god if it is... It could just be one of his family members or something? I always tend to overthink things.

He unlocks the bathroom and I lay back down and pull the covers up, pretending I'm asleep. I can hear Chris come around the bed, over to my side.

I feel his lips press against my forehead and I want to smile, but I resist the urge to. 

     He walks back around the bed and I feel it dip next to me, okay, he's coming back to bed. His arms go around my stomach and I reluctantly pretend I'm waking up, prying his fingers off of me, one by one

.I always want to say something, but I fear that it would ruin what we have going on and he'd get angry with me and hate me, so I just keep my mouth closed, but then he always makes me to tell him what's wrong and what's bothering me. 

"Don't touch me, please. I have bad cramps." I lie; nailed it.  "Cramps? Let me rub your stomach, baby." He offers coming closer then before and I shake my head. 

He probably can't even see me, but I do it anyway. I sit up, at the edge of the bed. The phone call still in my mind. All of the possibilities... I sigh, picking at my nails.

The bed moves next to me and I don't look.  Chris  comes around and kneels in front of me, "you're sure you're okay?" He asks, concerned. 

" Not really, I want to go home." I almost snap and he frowns.  "What This is your home?"

"Who were you on the phone with?"  Geez, so much for the fake sleeping act. I know that my words have shocked I'm because he pales a little. 

"What?" 

"Who were you on the phone with when you were in the bathroom?"

I repeat.  "No one?" He replies as more of a question than answer. 

I sigh, "you're lying."  I get up and go around him.

      I'm still tired, I don't even want to drive home. Chris grabs my wrist, causing me to turn around.

I almost flinch, but he would never hurt me that way I knew that.

"It was... My ex." He sighs and I almost choke. 

"But-but you told her you loved her and yesterday you told me that you used to." I shake my head, vigorously, trying not to cry, but I can't help it.  I'm so confused

I probably look so pathetic, but I just can't help it. I gather my things quickly before exiting his room.

     My vision quickly turning blurry from the tears building up in my eyes. 

"What! Your leaving?" He whispers lowly.

"Vanessa you have to understand-"  "I can't do this- not right now, I'll send you back all of your things you bought me."  

I say, not even turning back to see his face. 
I can't even look at him. He lied to me.

He can have me and love his ex at the same time, it's not right.

That's not how it's supposed to go, it can't be that way.

I don't know why I got so mad. I just, I have feeling for him. And it's hard to even imagine someone you like being with someone else especially his ex.

•••

Obviously I didn't leave. Instead I hid in the bathroom for a good couple hours.

I know not the best idea, but I couldn't face him I was to torn up.

I swear I'm so sensitive.

     He needed to explain himself. And I needed to tell him about my feelings.... as mush as I didn't want to.  I had to.

Chris was in his room and I decided I would finally talk to him.

"Vanessa hey. Can we talk?"

"Yeah, I actually wanted to talk to you anyway" I say

"Chris I want you explain yourself to me. I kinda just left in a rude manner... I just - have a lot on my mind, and I didn't wanna worry about it" I calmly ask

"Soo lily... my ex girlfriend called me and she was telling me some  story about how she quit college in new york and is coming to LA to see me. And I don't know why the fuck I said what I did. But I tell her it was fine, just as friends tho. And she was telling me how sorry she is, and how much me misses me and loves me. And I gave in sorta. I guess" he tells me

"Oh wow. I actually have to tell you something. I hope this doesn't change what we have going on.... but. I-I-I have feelings for you. Like I like you.. in more than a friendish way"

His face lights up

"Well I like you too" he says "a lot actually"

"But lily" I sigh

"She doesn't matter. All that matters is us" he says

"Yeah" I smile.

I gave in.