39. The Final Touch

Justin's POV:

As soon as they left my cabin, I quickly dialled a familiar number but there was no response. So I grabbed my jacket and headed to lobby.

Before I go, I went to Martin to collect my parcel and went straight to parking lot.

As I was walking towards my car, I saw Kenny's car on the driveway. He parked his car randomly and when he emerged out, he looked like he was hit by a hurricane.

His hair was undone and his clothes look weary. His eyes were burning red and it bulged out of his socket. He quickly lit up a cigarette and leaned against the wall as if he was waiting for someone.

I never saw him like this but that cigarette tells me that something bad has happened to him and he didn't had a decent sleep last night.

"What happened man?" I asked.

"Hmm...life sucks. You know I was wondering why I was a cop. Like chasing a bad guy while he prey on my family", he said.

"It's an honourable job man. No one would ever do our duty unlike other profession. We have to fight with what left in us", I said.

"Honour..." He laughed bitterly.

"My baby was stillborn and where is the honour now? Where the hell is justice?" he yelled.

"We have to stay focused to bring honour and justice. He destroyed a part of our lives. We still have the other part so don't let him succeed", I said.

He looked at me furiously.

"He killed my pregnant girl but she tried hard to save our baby and she did. He did the same with Jennifer and she is alive now. We have our life left in pieces and only we have the chance to make it whole again. If we let him go, he will destroy countless families. But if we stay together we can bring him down", I said.

He became silent.

"Be there for her when she needs you. I know she will get through this", I said gently.

"It's a bit late for that. She left me", he said sadly.

"Maybe she needs some time to figure this out. She loves you and you love her. Love will find a way", I said.

He nodded and after a minute he dumped his cigarette and moved away.

I watched him as he slowly moving towards the stairs.

"Losing someone close to your heart feels like dying. I don't know how the hell I am holding everything but when I look at her tiny eyes, I somehow forget everything. The only thing that matters is my baby and I want that feel to last forever", I thought.

...................

A few minutes later:

I was knocking at the door of an old house. A few minutes later, I heard shuffling noise behind the doors and slowly the door creaked open revealing a young girl.

"Detective, what brings you here?" she asked tiredly while opening the door wide for me to enter.

"I wanna ask you few things", I said.

"Whatever it is make it quick because I was busy right now", she said.

"I called you but you didn't respond", I said.

"It that why you are here?" she asked me irritated.

"No, take a look at this", I said and handed her the envelope.