30. Welcome Home

Justin was sleeping peacefully holding onto his pillow for extra comfort. As the morning ray hit his face, he slowly sighed and rolled over. He didn't want to wake up and see the empty house once filled with laughter and love. In truth, he couldn't face the reality. He just wants to live with her in dreams rather than missing her in reality.

He was afraid to look at the empty space beside him so he kept his eyes closed hoping for sleep to come again. But he has lot more responsibilities than before. God has given him the mini version of Claire. As he was thinking his head was pounding hard and he couldn't resist the urge to dig his head deep into the pillows. He has consumed too much alcohol and it's after effect was killing him.

As he was busy in his own world, he almost forgot about Kenny until he heard the shuffling noise from down stairs. He stayed over just to make sure I slept tight not doing some silly things while I was high on alcohol. Yesterday was a disaster. I almost killed Regan. If Natalie wasn't there god knows what could have happened.

But for now I need some company. I didn't know how I could ever manage my little girl all alone. I hope Natalie would help me to find a good nanny for my baby girl. As I was thinking, the strong aroma of coffee filled the room and I could almost feel the taste of frying eggs in my mouth. That's when it hit me that I was starving myself from the day before.

Kenny was sipping his tea while roasting the eggs. He always adored the way the plates were arranged neatly in Claire's kitchen. He never could have seen the organised pantry as hers. She was a real beauty in everything. He had always happy for Justin and Claire. The truth is everyone would miss her. Soon, he almost had done plating everything.

He decided to wake him up so he plated his breakfast and a hot cup of streaming coffee and marched upstairs. Suddenly he felt dizzy and he balanced himself beside the wall. Slowly he moved to his room. His bed was empty and he heard splashing of water from the room beside. So he placed the tray on his bed side table and went downstairs.

Kenny felt sultry inside so he went to patio with a cup of hot water. He didn't sleep well the night so he took his pain reliever and gulped down. Lately he was drinking tons of water. He almost had four bottles of water from yesterday night. As the hot water rushed down his throat the dizziness faded away slowly. Then he went to arrange everything in the other room where the baby gonna stay. It was almost 8 in the morning so Natalie could be here at any minute now.

After he was done doing, he called his wife. She told him that she would like to be there when the baby girl arrives. Of course we all gonna be there to welcome her home.

"I hope it does gonna be a big day for Justin", he thought.

After 30 minutes:

The once empty house was filled with chattering and there is some kind of love brewing in the walls of the cold house. Everyone was there playing with the baby girl. Even Regan was there and after his terrible encounter with Justin, he went to treat his wound but he never sued him for his actions. He said it was on him. Natalie went to store to buy the supplies needed for baby and some other pharmaceutical stuff that doctors prescribed for her.

Kenny and his wife Jennifer adored her. Jennifer couldn't take her eyes of the cute little green eyes. Somehow the baby's eyes were mesmerising and nobody could deny her sight. Her eyes were golden green in colour and even Justin was taken aback when he saw her for the first time.

Justin's mother had the same colour but she has deep green, kind of black and green but his girl's eyes were different. As the time passes, he felt relived from every thoughts and fear he had ever felt. He somehow gained faith on himself.