December 15th, 2016

Tyler and I stood in a semi-long line, waiting to sit on Santa's lap. We agreed that we both would do it. I dont know how he convinced me, but he did.

"What are you going to ask Santa?" A little girl suddenly said to Tyler, tugging on his jacket. Tyler smiled with wide eyes as he crouched down to her.

"I'm going to ask for a good grade on this project." He said, smiling up at me. I grinned and looked ahead as the line here shorter. The little girls mom was pulling her away from us for some reason, but since we got into line, that girl has asked us the same question, but she was asking me.

When we finally got to the front, Tyler walked up to a naturally large man with a white beard, sitting on a red chair with lights dangling around it. Short adults dressed up as elves, walking around giving random people candy canes, their silly shoes making bell noises.

"Hello, Santa." Tyler said to the man. "We have a school project to do Christmas related things and take a picture of us doing it. So, I was wondering if my friend here could have a good sit down on your lap and tell you what she wants for Christmas?"

The fake Santa laughed his 'ho ho ho' laugh and nodded a sure to us. I sat on his knee and looked at the camera Tyler held in his hand in his phone. He held it in a selfie way getting his face in a little corner of the screen as he snapped the picture.

The Santa looked to me and smiled, his fake beard covering his mouth.

"And what do you want for Christmas?" He asked in a low tone.

I grinned and looked at Tyler who was smirking at me. I leaned into the Santa and whispered into his ear, making him laugh aloud in his Santa related laugh.

Later after grabbing some Annie Anne's, Tyler and I were walking out of the mall.

"What did you ask for?" Tyler asked me when we were walking to the car.

I smirked to myself and said quietly, "A miracle."