The Reunion

We got to my mom's house about 35 minutes later around 6:00. There were at least 30-40 relatives & family there, Maze & Frankie Beverly blared from somewhere in or around the house. Little kids were running everywhere while my uncles and older cousins stood around the grill & coolers.

I spotted Momma at one of the multiple card tables that were set up. She and my cousins Taira, Angie, & Quisha were all thoroughly engrossed in the game, slamming cards on the table, calling out plays & points achieved. I chuckled as I walked to them seeing Quisha (who was probably drunk) slap a queen of hearts on her forehead while laughing hysterically. Everyone laid their cards and when Quisha's turn came she hit the table hard enough to knock everyone drinks over. Thankfully they were empty. She played her card then high fived my Momma who was sitting across the table from her.

"Who winnin'?" I said startlin' Momma from behind. She jumped

"Oooh Gul don't be sneaking up like that! That's a good way to get killed!"

"Sorry Momma" I chuckled squeezing her shoulder. "But I didn't sneak. Y'all were just too into the game to notice me."

"Well We up! Wasssup Pretty P?!" Quisha interjected taking over the conversation.

"You know I hate when you call me that right Cuzzo?" I say to a grinning Quisha.

"Well it ain't my fault you pretty & I'm not finna call you no Prince so get used to it." She retorts.

"Ya could just call me 'P' like everybody else." I said as I hear several of my other cousins calling out to me I think more to be funny than anything.

"Well I ain't everybody. I'm different." she stated. "

"You right about that. You reeeaaal different.." Momma chimed in as we all shared a laugh.

"Oh really Ainee? That's how you do me? I'm winnin' all these hands for you & you this how you treat me?" Quisha playfully clutched her chest as if she was hurt as the others ignored her & continued playing.

"Well P where's Kyng? 'Caught a glimpse of her at the funeral. Is she comin' over here?" my cousin Taira asked in her Texan drawl.

"I texted her & told her we out here. She didn't respond so I'm not sure if she is or not. She'll be at Vibez tonight tho for open Mic." I answered.

"Looks like I'm goin' to Open Mic night then!" Taira grinned a mischievous grin as she & Angie high fived.

I shook my head refusing to imagine why they wanted to see Kyng. We'd been friends our entire childhood. She was always around so she was well acquainted with my cousins and none of them really paid her any attention .

But it seemed like after she got on - & I exed her out of my life- everyone wants to ask me about Kyng & what she's doing & when she's on tour & can I get tickets to her shows & all that.

What they fail to realize is that that's all Kyng's reality. I never wanted to be famous or know famous people. I could care less about her status I've always been her biggest fan. But she wanted the accolades & notoriety more than to pursue a relationship with me...

I was brought out of my depressing thoughts of Kyng & what could've been by my cousins Stacey, Josiah, & Tyrell who all crowded around me pulling me from the card game to watch a video on Ty's phone.

"Ay Prynce. You seen Kyng's new video? Her & Block Boy got all the bad bitches in it yo!" Tyrell shouted as he shoved me the phone while the others crowded behind me to watch.

"Ay that ice & shit they be rockin'..it ain't really their's huh? They rent that shit right Cuz?" Josiah inquired as he repeatedly jabbed my shoulder with his elbow.

"I dunno kinfolk. You'll have to ask Kyng that next time you see her."

"Maaaan tell ha to hook a Nigga up to see a show. I'm try'na see what that backstage life be like." I heard Stacey chime in over my shoulder.

"That's what I'm sayin' tho?" Denni added as she walked up startling us all. "Wdup yaw?" She greeted us.

"Wdup," Stacey & Tyrell said in unison as I nodded to her and Josiah remained silent. She proceeded to stand in front of me watching the video upside down.

"Oh I peeped that shit on TV last night. They had some bad ass hoes in that shit." She agreed.

I felt Josiah giving off tense vibes as Denni stood in front of me. Out of my peripheral I saw his fist and jaw clench as he slowly drew in a deep breath, exhaled, then stormed off with out a word.

"The fuck is his problem?" Denni asked. I handed my cousin his phone back as she and I walked off in another direction.

"Seriously bruh? What's that nigga pro'lem?" She reinterated.

"Hell Iono. He prolly still salty that you went gay when y'all split." I answered.

"Bet it didn't help that I fucked a couple of his bitches and actually had a chick break up with him to be with me." She added as I shook my head at her.

"Prolly didn't."

"Well shit. A nigga shouldn't have lied & been bein' a hoe." She shrugged.

"You right. But you lied too. Remember? You were into girls the whole time. Talkin' to em online & shit." I reminded her.

"Yeaaaah but I never touched anyone outside our relationship."

"And apparently you never touched him in ya relationship either."

"Oooooh that's why he big mad. Bc he ain't neva get the box." She patted the crotch of her jeans.

"Nigga shut up!" I chortled. "You want som'n to drink? They got links and patties on the grill now, it's chicken & ribs over there on the table." I inform her as I point in the direction of the food.

She nodded making her way to the food until she noticed I wasn't following. I headed into the house to get my peach white grape juice. I had just poured my glass when she popped her head in the kitchen.

"Whatchu got in here," she said shouting over the blaring music.

"Shit. Not a dayum thang fa you!" I snapped playfully at her. "Didn't I send yo ass to eat?"

"Yeaaaahh but you wasn't with me & ion wanna look like a whole fat ass eatin' up somebody else's family reunion."

"But you are a fat ass. & if I go out there with you, you still gone eat up my family reunion." I laughed at her.

"Maaan Fuck you! & Hurry up & come outside. I'm hungry!"

My laughter continued as we exited the house & went over to the food table. We each filled our plates with barbeque ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad and links. We found a spot near a tree stump in the back yard to sit & eat out the way of the activities.

By now a bunch of folks were up doing The Cupid Shuffle. I saw my younger sister, Millie, and her friends recording and snapping pics with their phones.

It was a spectacle...a real family affair ya know?..

We got good and full then Denni dipped off with a couple of my younger cousins *coughs* THOTS *cough* and I didn't see her anymore. I was in the middle of a round of dominoes when I got a text her saying she'd meet me later &

... to wear something sexy...???

Wtf??..

I'ma have to address that later. For now I shrugged it off and continued to school these suckas in the game!