Mabel x Pacifica

On the first day of X-mas, the author let me read

Some Mabifica just for me.

"Hm, what would she like?"

Mabel wandered the mall, searching for the perfect present. This was her first Christmas with her girlfriend, and she wanted to make sure it was the best Christmas ever. She had to get her the best present someone would ever get, but what did you get for someone that had everything?

"Earrings?" Mabel peered into a jewelry store, watching the people inside shop, "Nah, not unique enough." She turned her attention towards a clothing store nearby, looking at the rainbow of colors, "Clothes...? No, that's not special."

She sighed, sitting down on a mall bench, her head in her hands. She had been looking all day, and she still couldn't find anything worthy for Pacifica. She smiled softly, trying to imagine the girl's reaction when she saw what Mabel would get for her. But it was hard imagining her reaction when she couldn't figure out just what she was reacting to.

"Oh, I'm the worst girlfriend ever," Mabel moaned, her brown hair falling in front of her face, "I can't even find a good present!"

She fiddled with the bottom of her ugly Christmas sweater that she had made. There was a reindeer on it with a big red glowing nose. 3D presents and a fuzzy Christmas tree decorated the front of the sweater surrounding the reindeer. Tinsel was carefully woven into the neck, bottom, and sleeves of the sweater, making it shimmer and shine in the mall's bright lights.

Something dawned on the brunette as she lifted her head. She held out her sweater, looking down at her creation.

"That's it!" Mabel yelled, jumping to her feet and causing everyone in the vicinity to stare at her, "I figured out the perfect gift!"

Without a second thought, Mabel ran out of the mall, jumping into her car and quickly driving home, completely forgetting about the brother she had given a ride to the mall to.

-----

Mabel was beaming all morning. She kept glancing between the shack's door and the Christmas tree. Specifically, the lumpy, colorfully wrapped present with the words 'To: Pacifica' laying underneath. She was not-so-patiently waiting for her girlfriend to arrive. Mabel was more excited to give Pacifica her present than to get her own present.

"Mabel sweetie, are you alright?" Grunkle Stan asked, glancing at his niece. The girl was bouncing in her seat and looked as thought she had drank a gallon of Mabel Juice, which, Stan reminded himself, was entirely plausible.

"Sorry, Grunkle Stan," Mabel giggled, "I'm just excited for Pacifica to get here!"

"Why don't you try calming down a bit?" Ford suggested as he entered the room, "Don't worry, Mabel. She'll be here. She might be spending Christmas morning with her parents."

"She said she'd come over first thing," Mabel said, then sighed, "Sorry, I'm just too excited!"

There was a light knock on the door. Mabel pounced out of her seat, rushing towards the front door. Her grunkles could hear her squeal from the other room, and then there was an extra, quieter voice.

"COME ON! YOU GOTTA SEE THE PRESENT I GOT FOR YOU!"

"I'm coming, Mabel. Settle down a bit."

Pacifica chuckled as her girlfriend led her into the living room. She barely got a foot in the room before Mabel shoved her present into her hands.

"Open it!" Mabel beamed, bouncing on her feet. Pacifica rolled her eyes playfully, carefully tearing open the present. She gasped in amazement.

The sweater Mabel had knitted for her was spectacular. It was a bright hot pink- Pacifica's favorite color- mixed with a light purple and covered in Christmas glitter. Colorful gemstones littered the fabric, surrounding a green Christmas tree with Mabel and Pacifica in front of it, holding hands. Shiny red tinsel was knitted into the neck, making it appear to glow. Pacifica could tell her girlfriend had worked very hard on this, and it was beautiful. 

"Mabel... it's perfect..." Pacifica breathed, "Thank you..."

"Merry Christmas!" Mabel shouted happily, hugging the blonde girl tightly.

"Merry Christmas," Pacifica smiled softly.

It was easily the best present she ever got.