Chapter Thirty

It was now March.  Harry knew that Rose had some time off for work.  He wanted to take her to Germany so that he could finally meet her aunt and uncle.  Then for the next two weeks after that he would take her on a romantic getaway so that they could enjoy spending time just the two of them. 

Rose had already talked to her boss Linda Simmons, and was able to take a month off.  Rose was now working part-time now instead of full-time. 

She had just finished packing for the trip.  Rose hated that she was constantly having to take time off from her job.  A job in which she loved.  It never really felt like a job to her and that was one of the many things she loved about working at Vera Wang.  Rose had the best boss in the world in her eyes.  She never wanted to take advantage of the fact that she was dating Harry in order to get time off or to get things that she wanted. 

It actually took quite a bit convincing from Harry in order for her to take some time off. 

Harry felt bad for not being able to meet her aunt and uncle who lived in Germany.  He knew that her family were wanting to meet him and he felt it was necessary.  Harry hoped that from what Rose told him that they wouldn't hold a grudge.  All he wanted was to protect her as she was not use to his life and the paparazzi.  He hoped that her family would be as understanding as her parents were. 

...

Arriving in Germany, Rose and Harry both had smiles on their faces.  He had to bring a body guard with him in case things got out hand.  Harry hoped it would be a smooth trip and that everything would go as planned.  Before leaving, Harry also had talked to his granny, Will, and Kate wanting to make sure of everything. 

Rose had called her aunt Emilie and uncle Julian beforehand and they were thrilled that they were able to make some time to come over to Germany.  They wanted Harry and Rose to feel welcome in their household, and they had cleaned their guest room so that they could stay there. 

They felt it was unnecessary for the couple to stay at a hotel even if Harry could have anything at the snap of his fingers. 

The only things that aunt Emilie and uncle Julian knew about Harry were the things they read about online.  They wanted to get to know the young Prince who has stolen their niece's heart. 

Walking hand in hand up to her aunt and uncle's house, Rose hoped that this weekend would go well and not turn into a disaster.  After they knocked on the door, they waited until the door opened revealing aunt Emilie and uncle Julian. 

"Hallo," (Hello) aunt Emilie and uncle Julian greeted their niece and then Harry.

After they welcomed Rose and Harry into their house they all took a seat on the couch in the living room.

"Your Highness," aunt Emilie and uncle Julian said to Harry.

Rose's eyes were lit with amusement as she looked at how her relatives were with Harry.

"Please just call me Harry," Harry told them as he put his hand out for them to shake.

"Harry, it's nice to finally meet you." Uncle Julian replied shaking his hand and patting his shoulder.

They all greeted each other and aunt Emilie had them all go into the living room to chat.

As they all sat down on the couches, it was quiet for quite some time.  No one not really knowing what to say.  Harry wrapped his arms around his girlfriend of three years and stared into her blue grey eyes.  He knew what he had to do if he wanted her family to like him.  Turning back to look her aunt and uncle in the eye, he cleared his throat as he began.

"I want to apologize for having Rose keeping us a secret and then how you both found out about us through a magazine.  But my whole life has been out there for the public to see.  Nothing has ever just been normal. My last girlfriend, Chelsy, had broken up with me because she couldn't handle the paparazzi. With Rose I wanted to do it differently, so I came up with keeping us a secret. I've never had a normal life and being able to keep my relationship with Rose a secret felt like it was. I wanted to protect her from my life of not having the cameras always on her.  I'm sorry for hurting you both, that was never my intention."

"Thank you, Harry.  I'm sorry too, Rose, for how I handled the news.  The things I said to you and how I reacted was awful.  I know it's a lot to ask of your forgiveness but I am sorry and I do hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Aunt Emilie told Rose.

She wanted to make things right between her and Rose.  She never would have thought that her niece would be dating a Prince, but now that she is she wanted to get to know him.

It had thrown her off to see her niece hanging out with a Prince.  A member of the Royal family. 

"I forgive you aunt Emilie." 

Rose got up from the couch and hugged her aunt and uncle.  She felt relieved that they were able to work everything out.  She felt awful for keeping this from her relatives.  Some nights she couldn't even sleep knowing that her and Harry were keeping a secret.  Most of all she couldn't stand the thought of being away from Harry.  She knew she had to share him with the rest of the world, but she was okay with that.

What she wasn't okay with was that some nights she wouldn't even be able to see him let alone talk to him.

"So tell us how you two met and became a couple," aunt Emilie asked them in her thick German accent as they settled back down. 

And so Rose and Harry did.  In a way, Harry liked that she didn't just say yes to him right away.  So many girls were only interested in him because of his title.  It proved that Rose liked him for him.  Even before he asked her to be his girlfriend, they would get together for days and just hang out.  Getting to know each other.  Harry knew she was different from the moment he first met her and knew that he wanted to differently this time. 

The whole afternoon, aunt Emilie and uncle Julian spent getting to know Harry and spending time with their niece.

________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this update!  I'm sorry it took a while but I'm still recovering from my surgery. 

Thanks for being patient with me :).