twenty

Chapter Twenty;

Seohyun woke to darkness.

She lay something soft - the most comfortable thing she had ever lay upon. It was like a cloud. Seohyun groaned and rubbed her eyes, squinting through the darkness.

Where was she?

It definitely wasn't Hogwarts, or her home. It was too luxurious, for one thing. Her family definitely could not have afforded to cover the room in such lavish wallpaper, or carpet the floor in such a plush and rich material. Her heart skidded a beat.

She was trapped, for sure.

The events of the last night rushed to her: Draco had Stunned her. She'd been with the Death Eaters.

Could this be their headquarters?

Seohyun groaned and closed her eyes, as though by not seeing her surrounds she could spirit herself away. She opened them shortly after to try and locate her wand, but it was nowhere to be found. She was powerless.

Seohyun had to admit it: she was terrified. Nothing scared her more than the unknown, and right now, she had no clue what awaited her.

Please, someone, explain this all to me.

Just as the thought crossed her mind, the door opened a crack, and a figure slipped inside. Seohyun glanced across, her fists clenched in case she needed to fight. She relaxed when she recognised the crop of pale blonde hair.

"Draco?" she breathed. Her voice was raspy. Obviously she'd been out for quite some time.

"Ssh!" Draco placed a finger to his lips and glanced t each corner of the room, as though expecting eavesdroppers. "I'm not supposed to be here."

The action made Seohyun's blood turn to ice. "Draco? W - what s going on? Where am I?"

Draco closed his eyes and drew in a breath. "Seohyun, please try to remain calm -"

"Draco, you need to tell me everything now or I swear to Merlin -"

"You're at my house. Malfoy Manor."

Seohyun froze.

"What?" she choked. She was as empty as a starless night sky. "How?"

Draco was paler than she had ever seen him. His skin may as well have been coated in a thick layer of snow: there was no colour in his skin. His eyes were as empty as black holes.

"It was all I could do to save you," he whispered. "Bellatrix was about to kill you. I heard the beginning of Avada Kedavra on her lips."

Seohyun's stomach knotted. "But I'm not in prison... You need to tell me everything. I - I'm so confused."

"Right."

Draco pinched the bridge of his nose. "So... you got my letter."

He looked so small that despite the terror in her veins, Seohyun had to reach out and take his hand. "I did," she said softly. "I know you had no choice."

He smiled sadly. "That's more than I deserve." He sighed. "Snape did the job. There - there was no way I could do it. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick. We escaped, the Order of the Phoenix was there. We were in the grounds, then Potter showed up, then you... Bellatrix was about to kill you, but I managed to convince her not to."

Seohyun's mouth turned dry. "How?"

She was dreading the answer.

Draco bit his lip. "I - I told her you were on their side."