Chapter 1: Cloud 9 to hell

Clary gasped as she woke up from a nightmare about a demon taking her to Sebastian. She sighs in relief when she realises its just a dream. "You okay?" Jace whispers sleepily beside her, while rubbing her back. "Yeah sorry just a bad dream, go back to sleep" Clary whispers as she kisses his cheek, but he's already fast asleep.

The next morning, Clary wakes at 7:30 . Jace grunts. "Come on sleepyhead we have to go train" Clary says. "No, I'm a mundane for the day. Im staying in bed" Jace says as Clary giggles. She then kisses him softly on the lips. It intensifies and Jace puts his arms around Clarys waist. He begins kissing her neck when they hear a knock at the door. "Ugh what?" Jace grunts against Clarys neck. Isabelle walks in and rolls her eyes "Guys come on we have to go train, we're going out in the field tonight fyi" Isabelle says as she shuts the door behind her.

Clary,Jace,Isabelle and Alec train for the day until the evening when they begin getting ready to go to Pandemonium. Clary showers first and then goes into Isabelles room to get ready together, Clary loved how close they've gotten, for her it's like having a sister and a best friend. Clary puts on black jeans and a black tshirt. When Isabelle sees her she says "No no no.You're not wearing that, have you learned anything Clare?" "Its comfy okay" Clary laughs. "Here wear this" Isabelle smiles and throws a black off the shoulder dress at Clary.

Jace and Alec are in the kitchen talking when Clary and Isabelle walk in. As soon as Jace sees Clary a huge smile spreads across his face. He walks over to her and says "I don't even need to tell you but you look beautiful Clary".Clary smiles shyly and says "Thanks". Isabelle says "Come on love birds we gotta go"

They get into Pandemonium and it's packed with people. "Okay the plan is we all split up to round up as many demons as we can and lead them to the storage room in the back" Jace points. Jace, Alec and Isabelle round up every demon they see while Clary begins to feel sick, like its nerves. She goes to the bar and orders a water while looking around for the others who seem to be doing the job quite successfully. Clary begins to get dizzy and weak and the room swirls. She looks down at her water to see that its now a cobalt blue. "Jace" she tries to yell but it only comes out as a whisper as she begins to fall too the ground but is caught by someone.

Jace,Alec and Isabelle are all in the store room. As Alec kills the last demon, Jace notices Clary's not there. "Wheres Clary?!" Jace says to Isabelle beginning to panic as she shrugs. Jace then opens the storage door as she sees Clary unconscious being carried by someone out the door. The person carrying her turns their head around and gives a wicked smile. Sebastian.