Chapter 15: Changes

Warning: This chapter includes some triggering topics and I do not take what's in this chapter lightly.

Jace POV

It takes me a few seconds to process what she has just said. Pregnant. Clarys pregnant.

"Jace?" Clary asks with so much emotion in her eyes.

"Sebastian did this to you?" I say in almost a whisper.

She looks down at her hands as if she was ashamed but she has nothing to be ashamed about. This is his fault. He did this to her. She couldn't have done anything to stop it. She is still as strong as she was and that won't change. But Sebastian. How could he do this to her, as evil as he was I thought that he at least loved her enough to not hurt her, especially like this. I grab Clarys hand.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, but I will be from now on... but this is a lot to process."
I can't believe he would do something like this to her. To his sister. No wonder Izzy said she looked empty. I don't see it though, I still see her as the strong shadowhunter she has been since I met her. "It's going to take.. a long time to recover from.. this. But they're are more important things to worry about. Magnus says he senses the baby is evil and has darkness in it. Jace you know I've always wanted kids.. but not like this." Clary says as a tear escapes her eye. "We'll see what Magnus can do. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do Clary." I say, determined to make her feel as safe as possible. "I know this is a lot to ask but would you be able to tell the others. I just.. can't look at their faces if I told them." She said looking down at her hands. "Baby, of course. I would move mountains for you. You're going to be back to your old self soon I promise it just takes time." I say rubbing her thumb with mine. She smiles but it doesn't quite reach her eyes that are still full of pain. "Okay I'll be back in a minute" I say as I kiss her forehead.

I head towards the kitchen and see Izzy, Alec, Magnus and Simon sitting at the table, looking worried. I sit down at the top of the table and sigh, running a hand through my hair. "It's bad, isn't it?" Izzy says with tears already in her eyes as Simon holds her hand. "Okay there's only one way to say this.. Sebastian raped Clary and she's now pregnant with his baby." I breathe out. Izzy puts her hand up to her mouth but a sob still escapes from it. "What?" Simon says as he cannot believe what he just heard. Alec gets up and starts pacing, rubbing tears away from his eyes as Magnus gets up to rub his back, soothingly. "Clary asked me to tell you all as she couldn't do it herself.. she just didn't want to see your faces.But she's doing better she let me hold her hand, but it's going to be a long time until she's herself again. But we need to deal with the.. thing" I hiss. It makes me sick thinking Sebastian's baby is inside her. Alec and Magnus sit back down recovering. "Magnus she doesn't want this baby. You have to get it out of her." I say looking sternly at Magnus. He sighs. "Jace I can take the baby out but it comes with complications. With a baby this dark I don't know what kind of hold it has on her and its growing at an alarmingly fast rate. I need to look into it more." Magnus says truthfully. I don't want to put Clary in danger but even with a baby this strong it might kill her in the process if her body isn't compatible with the baby's. I won't let him hurt her anymore.

Hey guys!! Thanks for being so supportive of the book. Since you're all most likely Clace fans please follow my fan account on Instagram called @claceluv ☺️☺️ Please vote and comment, love you all!!❤❤❤