14

Tamsin is sitting in the office of Infernoception lost in thought like he has been since the ball two days ago. He's still trying to figure out just what he wants from Jenna. Does he just want someone to take care of his physical needs or does he want more?

His thoughts are interrupted by Calus's entrance. "Tamsin, there's a problem. It seems some of the elites think that they have the right to cut into our business."

Tamsin turns his thoughts to business as he gives Calus his full attention. "Who?" Just that one word and Calus swallows to wet his suddenly dry throat. The anger and violence of the darker voice always makes him sweat.

"It's not just one family, it's seems that the enemies to Rothschilds Industries, Sunworx Industries and Mountain Home Indutstries have banded together this time." 

"Rothschild Industries, why didn't she say anything to me?" Tamsin says more than a little hurt.

"Actually she did. She's how we found out. Shelby and Jenna are out in the club right now and they are scared Tamsin. They think that someone has put out a contract on them." Tamsin sits very still but the rage comes off of him in waves.

"A contract and you left them alone in the club?" Tamsin growls.

"Of course not. Look I may not ever be smart enough to be the boss like you but I'm not stupid enough to leave an ally where they might be harmed. They are in a private room with two trusted guards. I would have brought them in here but you ordered no interruptions unless it's important."

"Yet you deemed it important enough to interrupt me." Tamsin says softly.

"I wasn't sure that you would be alone. I know Jenna has more than a little attraction to you and I don't think you want her to see you with another woman."

Tamsin snorts, "When have you ever seen me avail myself of the women that frequent this place? I have no idea if they are even clean."

"True, but Tamsin the one time I'm not careful will be the one time you are occupied." Calus waits for further instructions.

"Bring them both in here and look into the contract being put out on them. If it's true then take out the person that set the contract and the one that accepted it. They should know better than to take out a contract on someone that is under my protection. Then you and I need to talk." Tamsin orders and Calus nods. He doesn't think he's in trouble he hasn't done anything to bring Tamsin's ire on him at least he doesn't think so.

Calus leaves and returns shortly bringing in the two women. Tamsin has been yearning to see Jenna again but didn't have a reason for bothering her. "Tamsin." Jenna cries as she sees him and runs into his arms.

Tamsin just has enough time to open them before she knocks him over. She's shaking and it brings out the beast in him. "Jenna."

She shivers at the dark tone that signifies the beast is ascendant. "Someone is trying to kill us Tamsin." Her tears make it difficult for him to keep the beast from letting loose.  He growls in anger.

"Do you know who, Jenna?" Tamsin asks and Jenna shakes her head no.

"I'm sorry Tamsin, I know you didn't want to be bothered but I didn't know who else to turn to. We've received death threats on our phones and on our email. The police said that it's just elite trouble and there isn't anything they can do. They've been bought off Tamsin, the elites bought them off." She can't speak anymore and the tears and sobs take over.

Tamsin just holds her and tries his best to comfort her. If she had seen his eyes she might not have been so comfortable in his arms.

"Shelby, do you know who is sending these threats?" Tamsin manages to say or rather growl out.