24

"Shelby can you stay? I don't want to make you a prisoner or anything. I need sleep if I keep draining myself like I am for Jenna, I can't take care of Michael like he needs and deserves." Tamsin hates having to ask, but she's the only one the beast will tolerate here now. He knows Calus would be happy to help but the beast would attack him on sight.

"Yes, I actually had hoped that you would let me stay at least for a few days," Shelby whispers.
"Is it working Tamsin? Your healing? She hasn't awakened since I've been here."

"I managed to stop the slow bleeders, but any of the embolisms could burst and she would die before anything could be done. I'm sorry Shelby, I always seem to be giving you bad news don't I?" Tamsin tries to make light of the situation but fails miserably. He fights his own tears. "You have the bed in Michael's room or the couch here, whichever you prefer."

"Shelby, it's done, but she has to want to live and I'm not sure that she does. How is Michael?" Tamsin says coming out of his room exhausted and unsure of his efforts. He'd never tried anything that extensive before. That she lived long enough for him to finish is surprising in itself.

"Michael is fine. He's a happy little chap, even happier today than he was yesterday. Maybe he feels that his mama is getting better. Maybe if he's in there she'll respond. I'm sure that he misses her." Shelby explains her plans to Tamsin.

"I know you want her back Shelby. I do too, but with you at least she's likely to stay if she awakes. If she awakes she'll leave me again. After my nap, I want to spend the rest of the day with my son. There's no way she'll leave Michael with me now that she won't die." Tamsin smiles bitterly at that and slips away for a well deserved rest.

"Tamsin." Jenna says looking up at the person that knocked on the door. "How did I get here and how is it I don't feel like death anymore?"

"You saw me as I took care of some business. I saw you watching, didn't know it was you and needed to make sure that there wouldn't be any problems. Low and behold one of my greatest problems lay before me. You fainted and I brought you and Michael home. You almost died on me a number of times before I was able to heal you.

"I was able to deal with most of Michael's health issues as well. You both should live for years to come. Shelby helped me take care of Michael and watch over you."

"Yes, I talked with her before she had to leave for a business meeting. Now what Tamsin? You have me in your power." Jenna hides the bitterness that she feels at this.

"I want you to stay Jenna, but I also know you don't want to. When you are stronger you may leave. But, I beg that you let me see my son." Tamsin has tears in his eyes. "I know you don't have to and you have no reason to want to, but please Jenna."

"You could just take him from me. No court would rule against you Tamsin. I'm just a " Tamsin growls a low warning growl and she stops.

"Don't ever call yourself that again. I've told you that before Jenna. I won't take a child away from it's mother. Michael needs you more than he'll ever need or even want me, but I do want to be a part of his life.

"I've healed much of the damage from the fire, you will still need reconstructive surgery for some of it, I couldn't heal what's gone. If you wish I'll pay for any surgery you wish to have.

"Shelby is shopping for clothes for you. And some for Michael as well.

"Jenna, I know you don't want to stay here, let me pay for someplace decent for you. That house you were living in was falling apart and wasn't healthy for either of you. Michael is my son so let me help take care of him as much as I can."

"I'll stay here, for now. I'll give you time with Michael. I'll think about letting you help out with his care. I'm not a monster to keep you away from your son, but you at times are a monster. I personally don't care, but when you add in Michael, I won't put him in harms way of the monster. If the monster is ascendant then you will not be allowed to be around him. I would have let you see him sooner but your beast has been in control more often than not."

"I understand." The beast's voice replies, "my child is in no danger from me, but I see your need for caution. You are protecting him, as would I."

"Yes, Michael is all I have. I can't let anything happen to him. Thank you for helping him Tamsin." Jenna is fighting her tears. "I need to leave Tamsin, I can't stay here. I've cried too many tears of pain here."

"I'm sorry about that Jenna. I never saw getting a blow job as cheating on you. I should have, but I didn't. For all the pain that caused and the humiliation I'm more sorry than you can imagine. That's why I knew you wouldn't stay, but there's a couple of apartments I'd like you to consider. They are both very nice and I think you would like them." Tamsin says equally eager and afraid that she won't like them or consider them.

"I'll look at them," Jenna promises and Tamsin relaxes a bit, "But I won't guarantee that I'll take or let you pay for it."

"Understood. Do you need help to the rest room or anything?" Tamsin offers just as Michael starts crying.

"I can take myself but Michael needs help," Jenna says smiling and laughing.

"Tamsin, there's trouble." Calus comes in wild eyed and frightened. This gets Tamsin's immediate attention.

"What's wrong?" Tamsin says calmly.

"Your house, it's on fire." Calus replies in fear.

Tamsin's eyes start glowing and the beast is in control. "Let's go now."

By the time they get there the house is engulfed in flames. The heat of the fire could be felt from the street and the firefighters won't let anyone through.

"Shelby, where is she? Where is my son?" Tamsin growls out to the shocked woman standing and watching the flames eat at the place that had come to represent shelter and security.

Shelby can't speak and can only shake her head in disbelief and shock.

"NO, no, no, no. Not again, Calus find out what the hell happened, find out who dared to attack me and mine. Find them and bring them to me no matter who they are, do you understand?" The beast growls in anger and anguish.

"Yes, Tamsin. No matter who, they will pay." Calus is as angry as Tamsin. The home now completely engulfed in flames had been more of a home to him than his own had been. Jenna he cared for and he knew that Tamsin won't ever be the same again if she didn't get out or if Michael didn't.