39

Jasmine sets the flowers on the grave and no longer is able to restrain the tears. Her sobs wrack her slight frame. She misses him so much. He never even got to meet his son. Wasn't that a shock. The doctor had been so sure the baby was going to be a girl.

"Someone you loved a great deal I take it?" The stranger's voice is low and melodious. Jasmine takes the proffered handkerchief and cleans her face up. She thanks the stranger as she looks up. Her eyes open wide in appreciation. He is very good looking almost as good looking as her brother Jordan, but about ten years older.

"My boyfriend. He was killed as we were on the way to the hospital to see his adoptive parents give birth. And then my brother's girlfriend went into labor as well. We were hit by a drunk driver, and he gave his life to protect me and our child." That had been a nightmare night. All three of them needing his attention had Tamsin going crazy. But it was truly scary when he found out Darren didn't make it.

"You have a child then?" The stranger asks politely enough, but there is a hint of disappointment.

"Yes, we were told it was going to be a girl, but turns out it was a boy. His adoptive parents were told they were going to have a girl and they got another boy instead. Sorry, you were just being polite, and don't really want to hear my story." Jasmine manages a small smile at the stranger hands him back his now soiled handkerchief. "Goodbye Mr.?"

"Sorry, where are my manners? My name is Jeremy, Jeremy Stotweiler and it has been a pleasure to meet you Miss?"

Now it's Jasmine's turn to blush, "Sorry it appears my manners have left as well. Jasmine Damskin. Thank you for your kindness Mr. Stotweiler. Now no one comes here for fun so I will leave you to visit your deceased as well." 

Jeremy watches Jasmine make her slow way out of the cemetery and to the waiting car. That she has a driver surprises him. The last name belonged to the elite, but all the elite Damskins were killed or at least that's what he'd thought. That and the fact that she had a child with her boyfriend says that she isn't of the elite class. Too bad though, she is pretty enough that he'd like to get to know her better.

"Jasmine?" Jasmine looks up startled.

"Are you okay?" Jenna asks at dinner later.

"Yes, it's just while I was at the cemetery a stranger came and talked to me. Jordan, isn't one of the elite families named Stotweiler?" Jasmine asks curiosity lighting her eyes. This gets everyone's attention. Ever since Darren's death there had been nothing in her eyes except tears.

"There was before the purge at least. If I remember right. You know I wasn't let in on most of that stuff just like you." Jordan replies. The purge had happened a little more than eighteen months before and they hadn't been allowed their proper places amongst the elite.

They both turn to Jenna with their unasked question and Jenna replies, "Oh my goodness yes, and weren't they hot! But they were also corrupt, the family members came to Infernoception on a regular basis to use my or Shelby's services. They preferred whore's of high quality over the regular ones."

"I made sure they were on the kill list. Every last one was trying to horn in on my territory." Tamsin added. He doesn't like it when that time was brought up. He doesn't like having Jenna remember being a whore and it brings the beast out.

"No, there was one, a young man about twenty-three or so that was clean. He wasn't around during the purge though, off exploring or trying to return to Earth or something like that." Calus explained, remembering something about that time. He doesn't like it when that time is brought up either because Shelby, his fiance, was also used.

"Why do you ask, Jasmine?" Jenna asks.

"There was a gentleman, by the name of Jeremy Stotweiler that was kind enough to lend me a handkerchief. He was about ten years my senior and I guess he could be considered hot." Jasmine can't help the blush that suffuses her cheeks. "But if he is elite, I won't be hearing from him again any way, he knows about Darren." She had named their son after his father including giving him his last name instead of hers. Darren had wanted that, he'd also wanted to marry her but Tamsin said that they needed to grow up a bit more first.