Chapter Five

Bright white lights came into my view as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up at the white ceilings, that was adorn with bright white lights. "Jaylin! You're awake!" I heard a male voice, before Christian's view came into sight. "Ana, Skye wake up! She's awake!" Christian snapped, before I heard a light grumble. "Mommy's up, sleepy head!" He gave a soft chuckle, before I spotted Ana and Skye. Skye was leaning against Ana, sleeping. 

"You've had us worried for almost a whole month!" Ana gave a sheepish smile, before I spotted a nurse. I felt a tube get pulled out of my mouth, and I gave a gag, before coughing up. "You were in a very violent car accident." Ana told me, and I nodded. "You're spinal cord was severed. You're paralyzed from the waist down." She told me, and I turned to look at her. 

I glanced at my legs, and tried to move them, but snarl escaped me. I laid back before breaking down into tears. Christian quickly slipped his arms around me, before pressing his nose to my cheek. "I called your family, told them your situation, and told them that I would take care of you, and Skye. Ana and I will take care of both of you. Because you're our family." He whispered, and I smiled, before hugging him. I felt very horrible. "But, your father told us to let you move in with him. I told that you were my responsibility. Because Skye was my child." He told me. 

I looked at Ana, before I heard footsteps. "Shh, Mia. We don't know if she's up. It's bad enough Skye demanded to stay the night here." I heard a rough growl come from Elliot. They walked in, Elliot held flowers, while Mia held a black blanket. "Oh, you're awake." He smiled, and I nodded. 

"I bought this for you. But made the ruffling edges." Mia smiled, and Christian gratefully took it from her, before laying the blanket on my legs. "I heard about your paralysis." She took in a deep breath before Christian brushed my arm. 

"Don't bother. I'm not in the mood to talk about it. I feel as if I'll be a burden. I don't want to have a catheter in me constantly. Nor be in a diaper. I'd rather have full control." I looked at Christian, hoping for something. 

"They said that they'll check to see if you have control, but since you were out, you have no control." He told me, and I nodded, before looking at Elliot. He shrugged, before handing me the flowers. "You're being loved!" Christian laughed, and I shrugged, before pulling the bouquet to my chest. I looked at Skye, who was still asleep. "She's a sleepy child. It's been a while since I've seen her sleep. Here, I'll take her from you, Ana." Christian reached over and took the sleeping child. 

I smiled, and sat the flowers onto the table. Elliot brushed my foot, which I gave a soft whine. "Sorry," he pulled back his hand, before I shook my head. "I think we should leave, so you can rest." Elliot murmured, and Mia nodded. They quickly left, before Christian gave a soft sigh. 

"You can stay, Christian. I'll take Skye home." Ana smiled, before grabbing her stuff. She walked over to Christian and took Skye. They turned to leave, and I laid back. Once they were gone, I turned to Christian. 

"Tell me, if this never happened to me, would you have still come over and talked with me?" I asked, and Christian nodded. 

"I was planing on coming over the day after, but, you just had to get into an accident." He gave a soft chuckle, and kissed my forehead. I looked at him, before spotting him sit down. "Question, Jaylin. Why were you leaving work so soon?" He asked. 

"I talked with my manger, she told me to leave, and the next day I would work a double-single. Would means I'd be working in the singles room, which would give me double pay, but be a double shift in my standard shift." I told him, which made him nod. I gave a yawn, and he laughed. "Sleep too, Christian. I'll be here when you wake." I told him, before closing my eyes.