My Dead Romeo

By: YinYangCrescent

1. What is the genre?

Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy

2. What is it about?

A normal girl with a normal life. That is how most stories start out, but this one is different. Juliet isn't normal. Well unless your normal is having a ghost friend named Romeo. Lately he has been disappearing and odd things have been happening. The two have been friends for years and it seems Romeo has been keeping secrets from his friend, Juliet. Something is amiss and something is sparking. Could it be love? Or could it be hate? As a few people that haven't ever taken interest in Juliet, or seem to have risen from no where, start popping up here and there. Especially, mister Bryan Kurse that apparently can't leave Juliet alone. What will become of these two friends? Or maybe just one?

3. Where did you get the idea?

I’ve worked on it for about four years now but I’ve just recently decided to put it on here. As most, I did got the idea from Romeo and Juliet. After reading that I added my own insights and details and well changed the whole thing. I kept the names, Juliet and Romeo, and the love story but changed everything else. Honestly though, who could rewrite Shakespeare? The super natural aspect did get inspired by him too. Shakespeare wrote what other didn’t, some of that was the supernatural. So therefore I tried to bring something into this story that no one has. The otherworld.

4. Why is your story unique?

Well because any other Romeo and Juliet story it’s oh they fall in love and in Shakespeare’s they die. In my story, Romeo is alrighty dead…or is he. My story has a lot of twist and turns that a normal Romeo and Juliet story doesn’t have. Especially the supernatural side to it.

5. Why do you write?

If I didn’t let some of this crazy out where else would it go? I try to put a lot of my own experiences in my stories. Every person says I could write a whole book on my life. Well I write multiple. I write also because it’s something I love to do and I like to show people the stories that are in my head. It’s like welcoming them into my mind but in a way, welcoming me into theirs because of the way they depict it also. So a jumble of reasons.