013

The next day Jemma was too tired to even think about leaving her bed

The next day Jemma was too tired to even think about leaving her bed. She went off with Lucas the night before and had fun. She wasn't used to it. Having fun with Lucas wasn't something normal to her. She knew Riley was gonna be royally pissed at her and honestly she didn't care. She had finally maybe been friends with him, did the stuff they all did without her. It was like a breath of fresh air. She didn't have to focus on her disorders or her mental health. She lived in the moment for the first time in forever.

She knew she had to get up when she looked at her phone and saw the time. It was 12pm she slept in. Jemma wasn't the type to sleep in, she never slept in like that usually she woke up bright and early to just refresh for the day. She crawled out of bed and left her room to go to the bathroom and brush her teeth. She felt lighter than she has in years. Like she was in top of the world. Riley walked out of her room the same time Jemma walked out of the bathroom. Jemma smiled at her brightly.

"Good morning twin" Jemma said to her sister

"Where were you last night" Riley asked her narrowing her eyes at her.

"Explored New York. Why" Jemma asked she was so on top of the world she forgot one thing..

"With my boyfriend???" Riley asked walking closer to her clearly getting more pissed off.

Jemma's smile was wiped off her face after that not
Only did she forget Lucas was even there. She forgot the most important part. He was dating her sister. Just her luck too.

"Honestly Riley, I forgot I'm so sorry. You're my sister and I would never go for him. he just wanted me to have fun for once. Show me what life is without all this darkness in it for me. I appreciate him doing that for me last night but I don't want to date him." Jemma said speaking the truth to her sister. She was over this teenage sister angst between them. They were teenagers and twins why should they hate each other?

"Do you honestly think I'm gonna believe that Jemma? everyone knows you've been into Farkle for years and now Lucas too. Last night just proved it. Why did you guys leave together? With my own boyfriend. Did he cheat on me with you?" Riley asked tears swelling up in her eyes at the thought.

"No Riley I promise you. You're my sister and I love you. If he even tried to I promise I would of hit him and came to tell you" Jemma said reaching out to her " You're my twin Riley we were literally birthed together. I'm done hating you and letting you hate me.  Last night showed me something I never even thought of I don't need to hurt like this. I can get help actual help and go to therapy. I want to get better for my family because you know what?"

"What?" Riley asked reaching out to her with tears in her eyes. They were holding each other. For the first time since they were children.

" I love you no matter what you've done to me or have said Riley. I want to go to college, I want to make a name for myself, I want a career and most importantly I want to see you do all the same things. I want to get better so badly. You have no idea and the first step is admitting it to the people I love" Jenna said with tears running down her face.  Riley looking the same. They hugged each other crying.

" I love you so much. I'm so sorry I doubted you and haven't been there for you. I can't stand to see you this hurt" Riley said clinging to her sister.

That hug felt like hours for them. Holding each other and mourning the relationship that they had lacked for years.

It was perfect.

Their dad walked past to go to the bathroom and saw his girls clinging to each other crying. He ran up to them worried someone had died. They never were like this clinging to each other.
"What's wrong? who died?" Mr Matthews asked his girls with wide eyes.

The girls looked at each other and gave a wet laugh from the crying.

"No one dad" Riley said smiling at her dad and sister.

"Why are we crying and hugging?" Mr Matthews asked

"Because father of ours. we love each other and love you so much" Jemma said bringing her dad into the hug. Mr Matthews hugged his girls tightly. All three clinging to each other.

"Hey dad?" Jemma asked squeezed up to them

"Yes sweety" her dad asked

" I think I want to go back to therapy" Jemma whispered " maybe somewhere to help my eating disorder"

"Really?" Mr Matthews asked leaning out of their hug to look at his daughter.

"Yeah I wanna get better so bad but I have one rule" Jemma said smiling at her dad and sister.

"Anything sweety I'll make it happen" mr Matthews remarked to his daughter. She wanted to get better. Years of trials and tribulations. Now his baby wanted to get better of course she's been to therapy after her suicide attempts but she meant it this time. She wanted to get better not make everyone happy, she wanted this.

" I get to pick my therapist" Jemma said smiling at her dad brightly.

Lucas helped her get back to her family of course it was one night but the things he said to her the night before rung in her head all night. Don't you want to live and see what the world has to offer. Be there to see her baby brother grow up. See Riley make a name for herself. See the magical things Farkle was gonna do. Maybe get maya to like her one day. Her parents loved her so much she couldn't leave them and let them watch her suffer. Her life didn't have to be a tragic story like she thought it was. Of course it was gonna be hard to get better but life's a challenge and she was ready to fight for it. She intended to win.

Hi beautiful people! I just got this app again so I'm sorry it's been a while. I forgot people do read this so I'm finishing it up. It's weird writing this again when I started it when I was 13 now I'm 18. I will admit when I started this I wasn't in the best head space. I think I'm better? Hopefully lol. But I've grown up a lot and lived and learned. I wanted to finish this with Jemma getting the boy from Riley but honestly that's not who I am and this is a mental health fan fiction not a love story. I don't want people thinking that someone is gonna swoop in to love you and save you from your mental problems because that isn't the truth. You have to want to get better. In my personal opinion. My other idea was for her to off herself but honestly that was too much for me and when I had that idea as a kid. I was so bad mentally and wasn't getting any help. But now as a adult who survived all my mental health problems. My oc who I love my girl Jemma didn't deserve to have a bad ending or a stereotypical man save me.  I hope y'all enjoyed there's gonna be one more chapter after this <333
Let me know your opinions!
-Bella

.