Chapter 9: A Matter of Life or Death and a Mystery...

Branch's POV

I woke up in a small room. Everything was pitch black. I looked around trying to adjust my vision. I could see etchings of the Troll Tree and some type of code. When I saw what was surrounded around that, I knew I was in a dungeon or something scary like that. The other etchings read, "KILL BRANCH and DEATH FOR BRANCH and POPPY IS MINE!" They were pretty much etched with animal blood. I could tell it was from an animal because Troll blood had a slight tint of purple. I know that from years of spending time in the jungle. Don't ask. My survivalist supplies were propped against a cage. I looked inside the cage and there lay Guy Diamond sleeping peacefully. I groaned. I couldn't escape without Guy Diamond. 'This is hopeless,' I thought. But I remembered why I came here in the first place and I immediately felt I had let everyone down. But I still had hope. Just a little. A spark inside of me, telling me I could save Poppy. Guy Diamond awoke. "Where am-" "Shush!" I interrupted. I signaled to him, supplies, please. He nodded and his hair pushed the supplies over to me. Well, I was tied to a pole so, that didn't help.

But maybe I did have something to work with. I used my hair to very carefully take some scissors out. I cut myself out. I also cut myself a little, but I was used to small injuries, paper cuts and broken bones. I used the scissors to pick the lock that was on Guy Diamond's cage. I was just about to escape down the corridor until I saw Creek. "Ha ha! You thought it would be that easy, huh, Brat-head?" "Where is Poppy?" I demanded. "Oh, she's fine. I'm not going to hurt her." Before I could reply, Chef took me by the hair.

Next thing I knew was I was in the same room as Poppy. I was tied to a wall, while Poppy was in a cage. As soon as Poppy saw me she smiled. She was probably thinking that I was hope. Well, until Creek grabbed me. He put a knife to my throat. I knew this was a matter of life or death.

Poppy's POV

I watched in horror a Creek asked me, "Poppy, kiss me or he dies." I couldn't do any of this but I knew which was the better option. "I'll kiss you..." I said defeated. And he dropped Branch into his cage. When I was just about to kiss the idiot, a troll came in front of me. A girl troll. She pushed Creek to the floor and opened Branch's cage. "RUN!" she screamed. Branch and I ran away. "Who was she?" I asked Branch. "I don't know... It's a mystery." he replied. And we walked back to the village in silence.

???'s POV

I knew that I did the right thing. I couldn't be evil like the rest of my family. It was just... wrong... I mean I am Creek's little sister. No one knows I exist. I'm like a ghost. I knew Creek would kill me, family or not. I sighed. Always a matter of life or death. My name is.... Stream.