Tell Me Why?-Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Harry, you're burning up, I can't go in today with you feeling like this!" I exclaim, pressing my hand around his face franticly. He feels like he's been out in the sun for hours, even his cheeks are tinted bright red. He winces up as he readjusts, attempting to shake his head.

"I'm fine, just a fever. You can- you can go to work, i'll be fine." he stumbles, drowsily pulling the blanket up higher to his chest.

"No I'm not, you're also a patient of my work and I have to take care of you. Are you hungry? Do you need medicine?" I ask, handing him a glass of water. He shudders, turning up the heated throw blanket I had given him and surrounding himself with it.

"I'm just really cold, can you p-please just help me?" He stutters, half-aware of what he's saying under his fever. I've been waiting for that question for way too long. Harry flashes his puppy eyes, his bottom lip popping out to create the one thing that could make a grown woman fall to her knees. Without a second hesitation, I'm crawling up under the covers to where Harrys shirtless body rests. His skin is burning yet he shivers when I meet him, curling his arm to pull me into him. My arm goes instantly around his torso with my head resting against his chest. It feels so natural like this.

"What do your tattoos mean?" I whisper, suddenly distracted by the ink in front of my eyes. They curve and mend into his skin, even to the butterfly that awaits in flight on his abs. Something fascinates me about this kind of stuff, it seems like there's a story behind each of them, and each are kind of like a work of art printed to your skin. It seems like some kind of branding, making a figure your own by penning it into your skin.

"Each of them come from different meanings, I got those birds from my time here. Kind've reminds me of home. Do you remember when we'd sit at our tree and watch the nesting birds fly out right in the dead of fall? I got it... well, I kinda got the birds for you. Because no matter how far those nesting birds go, like us, we will always end up returning to that same place," He admits, his fingers entwining themselves in my hair. My eyes widen and I look up in surprise. He got something permenant on his body for me? That can't be right, this has to be some sort of dream. Yet here we are, holding eachother back here like he use to hold me when we were kids laying in the field. He had thought nothing of it when we were little, yet now this is very intimate of a position. I feel like I can open up to him again despite what he's done.

"Why'd you ever leave, Harry?" I whisper before I can control myself, too mesmerized by tracing his stomach to think. He doesn't stop twirling my hair so I don't think he's too shaken by it. He must have seen it coming, all this time away.

"Bigheaded dreams and ignorance at its finest," He chuckles, vibrating through his chest and into my own.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," I laugh. "You know, I've always missed us just talking. I miss talking about our dreams and aspirations, but all of your dreams have come true already so there's not much to say."

"I wouldn't say that," He says, his voice hoarse from his fever which we've both forgot about.

"What dreams do you have left? You've basically conquered the music world already, you have everything you could ever want," I whisper quickly, still trailing my fingers up his stomach then back down, a little quicker as my voice becomes more urgent.

"I don't have you," He whispers, fluttering my heart a bit. I tilt my head up so we're looking at eachother. He smiles down at me, every single bit of the teenage Harry I fell for. Even with his bloodshot eyes and if he's saying stuff only his thoughts have spoken. Why wait though, why couldn't he tell me this until I spent all those years as a practical hobbit, crying myself to sleep after painful nights.

"Since when did that become your dream? Because it's been mine all along," I reply, not able to contain the growing smile any longer. Our eyes lock, finally giving me a clear chance to observe them after a long time. They look prettier now than they did before, they're a mix of different kinds of green with something magestic that keeps you staring.

"A really long time ago when I was too shy to even talk to you, let alone tell you my feelings.When we became as close as we did, I was afraid that if I asked you out or tried anything then it'd just ruin our relationship and I couldn't lose you. I thought that after you left you'd hate me," He laughs shakily, more of a pathetic way of holding back his emotions. If he can open up this much to me, as much as Harry doesn't let anyone in, I can open to him.

"Harry, I was so hopelessly, blindly in love with you back then. When you left, I lost it. I lost all self-control and confidence in myself, I plunged myself into anything that could get me off of you. Nothing work and I tried to tell myself and everyone that I hated you, but that couldn't happen. As much as I wanted to, there was no denying that I was still and can't fall out of love," I admit, returning to tracing his butterfly tattoo lightly. I can feel his smile brush against my hair as the comfortable silence sets in. "do you know how much it hurt, Harry? To see you on magazines every single day? In newspapers making out with girls? That was what broke me."

My voice breaks off and I find tears dripping off my cheek onto Harrys chest, yet neither of us move or make a motion to leave our position. He stays quiet, a move that was probably better for both of us.

"You're a good guy, Harry." I whisper after a few minutes of silence, pecking my lips to his collarbone. And I mean it, he is a great guy inside. Behind the Hollywood bigshot, he's still the boy I know and love with Cheshire. He tilts my chin up with his opposite hand, smiling down at me before dipping down to press his lips into mine. It feels like the world kind of freezes and everything is just right. Every second of that day we first kissed replays in my head like a film clip.

"You were made to keep my body warm," He sings softly in a murmur into my ear, causing me to drone into sleep before I can hear his angelic voice continue.

••Quick Chapter, super tired and in about to fall asleep Ilysm bye!