Chapter 5: Moving On

"I have a really dumb idea but it might work!" David said as he ran to the door, gun ready.

"What's the plan?" Christa asked as we all went to the door too.

"Me and Jesse are going to push down the door! We all run and shoot until we are safe ok" David said.

"That's a death trap!" Kat said.

"Yeah but it might work,come on." David said.

"Ok let's go." Jesse said.

They counted to three and pushed opened the door. We all ran out shooting walkers head shot,after head shot. We ran into the woods,zombies still following us. We ran and ran until we saw a road,a building,a town. We stopped in the middle of the road looked for a place to run into.

"Over here! Hurry!" David yelled as he opened the door to a motel lobby.

We all ran in and blocked the door with anything we could find. "Good,the zombies didn't see us."Christa said.

"Let's go check out those rooms." I said as I walked towards the stairs.

We went up to the first floor still out of breath from running and fear. I check the first floor it was all clear. "Ok, there are twelve rooms. Split up and search them all. Clean ones,leave the door open. If they are too gross to stay in close it. We will find tape or paint later and put an 'X' on the door,meaning it's off limits and unusable." I said.

We all split up into different rooms. I walked into one,the bed was messed up and clothes were everywhere. I went to the bathroom area and looked at my self in the mirror. My face was sweaty and dark from all the dirt and running. My long black hair stuck to my face. There was no water so I couldn't wash my face off.

I opened the door to the toilet and shower. It was empty. I walked out leaving the door open and moved to the next room. The room was perfectly clean and the bed was made. The bathroom was also clean. I set my things on the bed,already knowing that I will sleep in this room.

"Hey guys! Come see this!" David yelled from another room.

We all walked in there. He was standing by the bathroom door. There was a bathtub full of blood and a women in there.

"That's sick!" Christa said.

"Yeah it is..." Jesse said looking away.

We all walked out and David closed the door behind him. "So that's off limits."

"Yeah" I said. I looked around. All the doors were open but the one we just came out of.

"I'm gonna get some rest." David said as he walked into a room and closed the door.

Kat and Christa went into their own rooms and closed the door as well. Jesse and I went into the room I picked. I laid down on the bed tired. Jesse did as well. I turned to look at him,he had the saddest expression on his face. I sat up "what's wrong?"

He sat up as well. "That girl in the tub. Just..."

"It's ok. I know it's pretty gross and sad."

"Yeah but,that's not it."

"What is it then?"

"I knew her..."

"You did?"

"Yeah,I went to school with her. Ninth grade."

"Oh..."

"It's just upsetting seeing people I used to know dead like that. But,all we can do is move on."